Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took out my 35w hids and want to get some that have hi low beams. How much of a difference between the 35 and 55 kits? I dont want to blind everyone especially when pulling a trailer. So what you guys say?

Also how is retro solutions? they look like they have good stuff?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I like the 55watts, retro is top notch IMO and with the 08 headlights being under the turn signals, I don t think you will be blinding anyone.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Another vote for Retro-Solutions here!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the 55 watt Retro-Solutions and love them, also. I had them adjusted too high in the air when I first put them in and got flashed alot. I have since lowered them and only get flashed every great once in awhile. I have not tried the 35 watt but the 55 watts are awesome. My Dad rode in my truck and he had to put some in his truck.

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i guess as soon as mine sell i will order some up! SO yeah 35 watt hids for sale lol.

·
Registered
399 Posts
55w and dont look back! have the 6000k in the headlight and fogs, bright as hell!

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
55watt retro solutions 4300k, nothing else comes close.
Are those super bright or what? like i said i dont want to be blinding people. Man after driving with my stock lights in for a few weeks it SUCKS!!! I got a new job so i can finally order these new ones.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Are those super bright or what? like i said i dont want to be blinding people. Man after driving with my stock lights in for a few weeks it SUCKS!!! I got a new job so i can finally order these new ones.
If you aim them responsibly they wont blind anyone. Infact they are better at not blinding people than the stock lights are. The stock lights have a pattern spot that extra bright but have bad bleed over past that "spot".

The retro hids have a horizontal line to them that the light stops at. Hardly any light goes past that line. Ive got mine aimed so that the line stops right below the rear window of a car stopped in front of me. Thus their trunk lid and rear end looks like sunshine is shining on it while theres almost no light shining on the people in the car.

I never get flashed by on coming traffic either. The retrosolutions true bi-xenon aka high/low beam kit is really that much better than all the other kits Ive seen.

The only "complaint" Ive got about them is I wish there was a larger difference between the hi and low settings. With the lights aimed down like I have them, it causes the high beams to be a little lower than I like. Its not that bad just being picky :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would'nt waste to much time worring about others get what you need to drive responsibly.....I get flashed about every 10th car but oh well it's in my lift and it ain't changing....these things will lite up yo life, good stuff........

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you aim the lights in an 08? I have 3 other hids on a light bar if i want to light up anything the headlights wont:D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts