Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
snow cowboy
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need new tires so i was going to upgrade to 35s my probe is everyone around here wants the size so i was wondering if i got it right im gonna get the bfgoodrich allter. t/a's so are 375/60/18 35 inch tires for my 18 inch rim any help would be great thanks :bowfast:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
umm Joe, those are gonna be a TAD bit big, unless your getting a decent amount of lift.

for the metric sizes, Take the 1st number multiplied but the second number as a percentage, then divide that number by 25.4 (millimeters per inch) then multiply by 2 and add in the rim size.

375 x 0.60 = 225mm

225/25.4 = 8.858in (sidewall height)

(8.858 x 2) + 18 = 35.72"

and the width of the 375 is

375/25.4 = 14.76

For a reference you know my truck and tires, they are 34.88in x 13

If your sticking to the stock rims you should be good with a straight 35x12.5 or so.

·
snow cowboy
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i am stickin with the stock rims and i just want a 35 on it but im not havin much luck gettin the right size

·
Master of Disaster
68 Posts
Ok got a question im looking at some 325/85/16 what size are those?? These sizing things confuse me. I have a 6inch suspension lift, think they will fit?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
At the top of the screen is the word "Calculators", click that and scroll to the bottom of the page and punch in your tire sizes and it converts it for you.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I'm running 35X12.50R20 MT Baja ATZ's on my stock rim and not leveled or lifted. I had the metric tires on my truck originally but I just went with the standard this time around with my Mickey's.

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
ya i am stickin with the stock rims and i just want a 35 on it but im not havin much luck gettin the right size
Have you tried looking online for some, then ordering them. I ordered mine from 4 wheel parts. Others have used National Tire and Wheel. Then when you get them in find a place that will install them reasonable. I called around and ended up going with Belle Tire for mount/balance and had them perform an alignment as well to make sure everything was good to go. Had slight toe in on right so was corrected. Sure it took a little bit to get shipped but at least I got what I wanted and it was cheaper than what the shops wanted around here to order through them. Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have stock 20" rims and just ordered some 295/65R20 Nitto Trails from Discount Tire Direct....you cannot beat their prices, their warranty, or their customer service.

The 295 is a tad taller, but a tad narrower than a 35x12.50R20....which makes more since on the stock 8" rim (less sidewall bulge).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts