Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Thats what im running so I dont see why not.
2" mini spring pack and a 4" block in the back.

In fact, I wish I would have bought 35's. 16 x 10 wheel BTW.

I know the Excursions sit a little lower, but it should be fine.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Does his X already have the springs replaced? If not have him check first if he still have bump stops upfront as they many times are broken off from bottoming out. If they are still there see how far off the bumps stops they are. Most everyone I have seen has a 1/2" at best if its not actually resting on them. The best thing he can do for ride quality and getting height for the 33s is to add V or X code springs in the front and then add B codes in the rear and mod them by adding two of the leafs from the original rear Excursion springs. That will give him 2-3" of lift respectively from where his is now and will clear 33". Hopefully Cary will jump in here OBSWIZ as he is the true master of Excursion suspension setups and what fits what. Add a SD rear sway bar and some 5100 Blistens that have the valving Cary had done special for the Excursion.

The X to fit in garages was set lower. They used really cheap springs from Mexcio that sagging almost as soon as they were installed. In the rear to keep it lower but still keep the same pay load rating the springs were had to be made with less of an arch ( flatter)and stiffer as they would have less travel. Combining it all gives one crappy ride compared to what it could be especially if towing anything of anywhere real weight. They ride awesome once you make those changes and add a bit wider 12.5" of a tire.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I would never use a mini spring pack on a stock Ex..will just make matters worse.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Get him to look into the V code swap from the superduties.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
No it will make it better. right now the front is sagging to where you hit aa good dip or bump in the road you bottom out on the bump stops. In the rear the springs are stiffer than that of a F250 with less travel. This will make the X much more controlable and ride better. Firm but in no way increase in harshness. Everyone that had done it has been very pleased. Get togther with OBSWIZ and work thru it. Its also not very costly comparatively at all and will get you everything you are looking for. V code Front Modded B codes rear. Rear SD sway bar 30mm, Blisten 5100's Cary T's special Excursion Valving. 33x12.50 ideally on some 18-20x 9-10 wide rims. Great stabilty, comfortable ride, crisp response, minimal ( greatly reduced) sway on clover leaf type turns. Wiht the new shocks and the valving it also will not go bouncing down the road after a bump like the stock ones do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts