1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
I wouldn’t do it. The part number is very original. Seem to be a knock off. Plus they are made in India. So who know the metal quality. Could be great, could be crap. If you feel like chancing changing a head gasket in the future and buying different studs or factory bolts. Go for it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea im going to have to agree with Sblike55, all that work to save 290$. If they go bad your going to be over that with your time and materials to fix it.
I used to try and save money like that but i hate doing S%!# twice... Ive got ARP on my '03 6.0 and my '83 AMC Wagoneer 401. I wouldn't do it any other way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... I was worried someone would call me on it lol. I have the same suspicions. I want to do the 66mm conversion and 1.0 AR housing while my truck is down and im worried the stock head bolts wont hold it. I was hoping this would be the solution to my EGT issue that ive been battling since I put the stage 1's in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Suspect and counterfeit parts are a real thing. I would be leery on if these test with similar results as they claim. Although, someone should buy them and do some tensile and hardness test.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spent a little time researching trying to find out more about these. So far, no reviews anywhere but they also have a studs for every other diesel motor. found the shipping weight on these are 4 lbs less than ARP'S but they are also
about 2 lbs less than stock head bolts... maybe they dont use much for packing material or maybe they are just made out of chocolate cake. Who knows lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts