Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well-just turned 300,000 on the truck. Changed glow plugs and did compression check on left bank today 340 325 360 340 on cold motor. changed gp relay and icp sensor also. tomorrow if weather holds(no rain) im doing right bank and rebuilding hpop and new seals in fuel filter bowl. Amazing but heads were super clean-no sludge -carbon -nothing-super clean everywhere for the mileage. Any suggestions on things to look for while im at it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for some feedback thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
how does the trans fluid look? tire rotation? brakes? u joints? change transfer case fluid? change differential fluid?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my 2000 with 320000 almost all highway miles on the clock. There was at least one injector cup leaking fuel into the coolant so I pulled the heads and had them rebuilt. I stopped by the head shop before they were done and I looked at the old valves that were being replaced. They look really bad. The valves had a squared off area into the area where it seats and had been "sucked" into the head. Your valves may be sucked up into the head too. The owner of the head shop had seen this a lot in the past and called it out before they even saw the heads. The new heads are great. Cost a little over a grand for everything and a coupe of Saturdays to remove and install. Other than that I've fixed or replaced all kinds of stuff nearly every other week for the last couple of months but that was because of neglect from previous owners.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had trans pulled at 240,000 and front seal replaced along with filter. Fluid looks new still. I bought truck with 220,000 on it and replaced all ball joints- fluids and u joints. Just had fluids checked a couple months ago and all were good except ps. I put a steering box on it last week and drained all old ps fluid and replaced. No more wander! First time since I've owned it I can bold the wheel straight! I plan on doing more motor work on the spring. Stage 2 plus build. Injectors hpop turbo etc just want motor good and sound. I rarely drive the truck anymore. I live at the lake I have the marina on and my rhino is my daily driver. Lol. I'll definitely pull heads in spring and build them and install studs before any more performance work. Haven't checked yet for forged rods but should have them. Build date is late 2000
how does the trans fluid look? tire rotation? brakes? u joints? change transfer case fluid? change differential fluid?

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
ive had quite a few motors go over 300k with no problems, havent neglected any of them either. if the compression etc seems fine then i would keep up your normal routine unless you really have an itch to tear it down lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats everyones feedback on the compression numbers so far. they are all within 10% or so-but any concern on the one with 325?
ive had quite a few motors go over 300k with no problems, havent neglected any of them either. if the compression etc seems fine then i would keep up your normal routine unless you really have an itch to tear it down lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
325 is fine, your in good operating range, you might have a valve with just a bit of a leak or ?? but, it will run. ,i am at 280k and still see cros-hatching on the cyl. walls. i pulled heads due to fuel cup problems,,, at first i thought head gasket(not), so i lapped valves while apart, i'll post my comp readings when i get it all back together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts