Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know im a newbie on here, but I need some help!! IM STUMPED!!!

I have a 2005 F-250 6.0. Head Studs, Bullet Proof EGR Cooler, HyperTech MAX Energy, Banks Exhaust and Intake. Recently my Oil Cooler busted, I flushed and flushed and replaced oil cooler with a dorman from Oreilys, I own a shop here. It ran fine for about 2 months and the Oil Temps started getting extremely high, tore it back down, replaced it, same thing, replaced it again, same thing, replaced it over the weekend with a OEM FORD COOLER, along with a new water pump, and thermostat, SAME ISSUE!!! Sitting still at an IDLE, the ECT is 196ish and EOT is 233ish. Going down the interstate they scream to 260ish. When the temps get that high, the ECT gets up to around 215, fan comes on and its pukes some water out, but immediately comes right back down as soon as the fan comes on!

If anyone can help me with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it, its killing me!!! I'm ready to take it to the scrap yard!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil did get in the coolant. But I flushed numerous times with degreaser and vc9. The water comes out clear as can be now.

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
did you check the sensor to see if its bias? check the temps after the truck has sat all night. compare ECT and EOT. if they dont read the exact same after the cold soak then the EOT sensor is probably bad.

thats just my thoughts

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
:whs: That's what I'd do

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Does your truck start bucking/missing when the oil temp reaches 260*? The 6.0 should defuel when the oil temp hits 253* and you'll notice it starts running like crap. If you're not experiencing this then I'd start with a new EOT sensor, especially if there's a significant difference in coolant and oil temps after the truck has been sitting (for 12 hours or more).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Your first mistake was buying the doorman coolers. You should have flushed with restore and restore+ before the swap. Taking out the block plugs and flushing hero's make sure all if the casing sand is out. Personally it sounds like you have Ann issue going on with your tuner. Try setting the truck back to stock and seeing what your delta is.

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
What are you using to monitor the temps? IIRC there was a thread like this posted a while back and it was the scantool that read the temp wrong. OTC maybe?

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
What are you using to monitor the temps? IIRC there was a thread like this posted a while back and it was the scantool that read the temp wrong. OTC maybe?
I remember this also. The guy's monitor was way, way off.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I also remember that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When the oil temps jump to 260ish, the coolant temp rises to 215 fan comes on and it pukes some coolant. Once the fan comes on, it brings the coolant temps back down and everything is fine.

Now, after today, I installed a new Radiator, checked the old one for flow, it was perfect.

Also, purchased the top of the oil cooler housing, the piece with the valves that open and close that bypass the cooler. I'm still having the same exact issue, no change at all!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd it's the monitoring solution not caring the correct temp......there is still the issue of the puking coolant.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Op, you can get test strips from Napa that site if you have exhaust gases in the coolant or not. My prediction isn't good though. Puking, if the level is correct, is usually a bad sign if you can't diagnose a bad cap its usually the egr cooler or gaskets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts