Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So getting ready to add my cooler and efuel to the 97 f350 and been having touble finding a e99 spyder. So now im just going to make my own intake(like the banks one) and was wondering if i should step up to the 3 inch plenums. Is there any real big gain. I plan on doing some stage 2s and d66 sometime this year. As soon as i get the ok from the old lady. thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Most likely your gonna have to step the pipe going Into the plenums down to 2in if your going to make one like a banks set up. So I don't see any real benefit. Just make sure yours aren't leaking.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
So getting ready to add my cooler and efuel to the 97 f350 and been having touble finding a e99 spyder. So now im just going to make my own intake(like the banks one) and was wondering if i should step up to the 3 inch plenums. Is there any real big gain. I plan on doing some stage 2s and d66 sometime this year. As soon as i get the ok from the old lady. thanks for looking
I would do the turbo, e-fuel and step to the 3" plenums all at the same time. IN order to do the e-fuel, you have to remove the turbo to get the rear driver's side fuel fitting. You can use step boots to attach the plenums to spyder.

Irate has re-designed their 3" plenums to correct the issue they had. The Irate plenums are the only ones that fit under the OBS turbo w/o modification.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the e99 spyder so I was just going to make my intake horn with 3 inch outlets to match the plenums. Is there a problem. Do you think that will work or just keep with the stock size and do the boot step ups. Also do you know what hits with the stock SD plenums. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Yea, not required but you will be struggling because with the factory up-pipes, that fitting can not be removed. The fitting needs to be cut.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I don't have the e99 spyder so I was just going to make my intake horn with 3 inch outlets to match the plenums. Is there a problem. Do you think that will work or just keep with the stock size and do the boot step ups. Also do you know what hits with the stock SD plenums. Thanks.
With SD plenums, the plenum needs a slight dent by the compressor cover. If you opt to go with SD plenums, get the plenum inserts so you don't crush the plenum inlet.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Billy I'm still not following you. First the mention of the fitting with efuel, and now the up pipes. None of which have a thing to do with the other.

I have never touched that fitting, but have efuel and have replaced the factory up pipe donuts.

Why do you think the OP needs to mess with the fitting at the back of the head?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Billy I'm still not following you. First the mention of the fitting with efuel, and now the up pipes. None of which have a thing to do with the other.

I have never touched that fitting, but have efuel and have replaced the factory up pipe donuts.

Why do you think the OP needs to mess with the fitting at the back of the head?
Removing that fitting to replace it with a JIC or AN adapter sometimes requires removing the up pipes due to varying clearance from truck to truck. One alternative is to cut the fitting, but then you run the chance of introducing brass shavings into your injectors.

Rusty

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Ugh.

You all are putting the cart in front of the horse. I'm assuming that nothing is wrong with the fitting or that anything has to be done with it.

The installation of efuel does not require any modifications to that fitting. Replacing up pipes/donuts or the turbo does not require any modifications to that fitting.

I understand that to change the fitting or the fuel lines some things are in the way of it, but that's not what the OP is doing. I don't know why this fitting was even brought up in the statement below.

IN order to do the e-fuel, you have to remove the turbo to get the rear driver's side fuel fitting.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It was brought up because the OP wants to do efuel with the other mods and another member posted his advice trying to help. I ran into the same clearance issue with my efuel install.

Rusty

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Ugh.

You all are putting the cart in front of the horse. I'm assuming that nothing is wrong with the fitting or that anything has to be done with it.

The installation of efuel does not require any modifications to that fitting. Replacing up pipes/donuts or the turbo does not require any modifications to that fitting.

I understand that to change the fitting or the fuel lines some things are in the way of it, but that's not what the OP is doing. I don't know why this fitting was even brought up in the statement below.
The factorry used two different styles of fuel fittings under the turbo. One style needs the turbo pulled if it loosens up when the fitting is changed to accommodate hose fittings. I had the one that needs the turbo pulled to retighten it.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
So do tell how many of us, myself included, have managed to convert to efuel without touching the stock fittings that go to the back of the head?

I'm very aware of the different type of fittings, removing the turbo, etc (as stated more than once now) and what mods people take in some efuel conversions. The point you all are missing is that it's not a 100% requirement. It's conditional on how far one wants to take their conversion. It was not stated this way to the OP.

·
Registered
998 Posts
So do tell how many of us, myself included, have managed to convert to efuel without touching the stock fittings that go to the back of the head?

I'm very aware of the different type of fittings, removing the turbo, etc (as stated more than once now) and what mods people take in some efuel conversions. The point you all are missing is that it's not a 100% requirement. It's conditional on how far one wants to take their conversion. It was not stated this way to the OP.
Another IDE........

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

lets see your fuel lines please.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
There's nothing special to see. The stock banjo fitting with the hard lines going to the back of the heads was used. Got an adapter that goes from the banjo fitting where the stock fuel pump use to be and converts to NPT at a hydraulic shop.

I'm not the only one who has done this and didn't come up with the idea to do it this way.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.