Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good guage that will give trans/exhaust temp and boost levels. I want to put a single guage in a spare panel on the dash of my 01 250
rather than the three guage pillar setup. Did a search but didn't see anything.

Thanks

·
Stroker
231 Posts

Hit up Big Stroker from Complete Performance for one.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Aren't the glow shift cheaply made?? All in all it sure looks pretty

·
Registered
670 Posts
Scangauge only shows 2 at a time but has a lot more options to choose from.

BD x-monitor shows 3 at a time, digitally.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Aren't the glow shift cheaply made?? All in all it sure looks pretty
You know I hear this all the time and I guess the low price just automaticly must meen they are cheaply made in some peoples eyes.

I been selling and installing these gauges for over 2 years and was probably one of the first diesel shops to give them a chance. I sell them 10 to 1 over all the other brands such as Isspro and Auto Meter and even though I sell a ton more Glow Shift I have had just as many warranty issues from all the other more expensive brands.

These 3 in 1 gauges from Glow Shift are a SWEET gauge and are worth every penny and more in my opinion.;)

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I like the design, I have not seen many complaints from people who owned them.
Lota of hearsay...the 3 in1 is a bit bigger then a reg gauge so not sure where it fits easy,as far as mounts go. But I also like the elite line with recall and alarm presets.

·
Stroker
231 Posts
I like the design, I have not seen many complaints from people who owned them.
Lota of hearsay...the 3 in1 is a bit bigger then a reg gauge so not sure where it fits easy,as far as mounts go. But I also like the elite line with recall and alarm presets.
I have one and like it, as far as mounts, I took a 3 gauge pillar pod and trimmed one hole out so it would fit.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Usually people that complain about glow shift haven't owned them. I thought they were junk as well till I bought one. Really any of the gauge makers have issues like Darryll said.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. White Buffalo thats a nice setup but a bit more function than I need. The gloshift option looks compact enough that I should be able to mount it in dash. Price is not bad either. Anyone know of a thread here covering the install of the egt probe? I have seen pics of the procedure but worry about leaving metal shavings in the manifold to be cycled through the turbo. Nice install Kaleb

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
when i tapped my manifold i never thought about metal pieces cycling into my engine LOL everything works great, i tapped it into the very bottom of my manifold....it was the easiest access point and was very accessable.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Here are 2 links to Dieselmanor's installation pics & instructions. Not a difficult job, just use a vacuum cleaner to suck any shavings left over.

" Start with a small pilot hole and work your way up to a size "R" drill bit (0.339") increasing 1 drill bit size at a time. This will cause all shavings to be small. " - Then vacuum out the hole.

3-Gauge Install Pictures

Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Nice pic I was hoping they could be made to fit..lol
Ya never know extra pyro and boost gauge could be handy
Even for a 4pillar. Seems like you could set up 1 for bp,
And one for post tubo shut downs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts