Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a 4" DP Vs my 3.5" DP that i have when i change from my current stacks to the 4" dual exhaust...That way it will be full 4" What do u guys think get the 4" DP or stick with the 3.5" DP?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
4" downpipe = a drop in velocity. The turbo outet is like 2.5" what do you think the gain would be?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell i dont know Not alot

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
i have a 4" turbo back exhaust straight piped and no kittie. Love mine, seems to cool down a little quicker than it did with my 3.5"

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Very little difference. Probably what you'd notice most is a slight drop in low end torque.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Theres got to be a trade off somewhere. I cant say that I really noticed a drop in any power, then again, took me a while to get passed the difference in tone, along with the turbo whistle.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i lost low end torque bad with the stacks or maybe it was just they are so damn loud...Ill see if i gain anything back with the 4" duals over my current stacks.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I dupon't think the effort and money for the new pipe would be worth it, but if you just want it then by all means go for it.

I went from stock to 4" downpipe and 5" rest of the way and didn't notice any difference powerband wise. If there was a slight drop in off the line performance I didn't see it, but I haven't driven a truck with a different setup to compare with

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dupon't think the effort and money for the new pipe would be worth it, but if you just want it then by all means go for it.

I went from stock to 4" downpipe and 5" rest of the way and didn't notice any difference powerband wise. If there was a slight drop in off the line performance I didn't see it, but I haven't driven a truck with a different setup to compare with
Ya i will just stay with the 3.5".....I think the stacks made me lose power but hell my butt dyno might be off LOL I will see what this 4" dual does Im just tired of the damn drone going down the highwaywith the stacks 4" duals with a muffler FTW

·
Registered
386 Posts
if i was to do it again i would just have left my 3.5" dp in

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I picked up hp on the dyno going from MBRP duals to a single stack. On my buddies Duramax pulling truck we also saw a hp gain going from dual stacks to a single stack on the dyno.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really...Thats good info...how much power did you lose?

·
Registered
81 Posts
the stock 6.0 exhaust downpipe is pretty good if you compare it to a factory kinked 7.3 i have not changed mine cause i dont want a 4inch rubbing parts on my truck

·
Registered
386 Posts
my 4" downpipe rubbed on my passenger side up pipe and cracked it and had to replace it. i dented my downpipe so it wont rub anymore

1 - 15 of 15 Posts