Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm having a debate with a gentleman on what is different between a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton. He is saying that the only difference is the springs that Ford places on the truck is what makes it the trucks different.

So is he right?? saying that the brakes, drive train, gear ratio, tires,etc..

I thought that the frame on a F-350 would be a little different because of the heavier loads it would encounter, I can see how the engine/ drive train can be the same, but I just thought there would be more too it:doh:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
To my knowledge if its a srw the rear springs will be heavier. If its a dually it will obviously have different rearend. If its a 4x4 I believe the one tones came with a Dana 60 front end while the 250s had a Dana 50(I've heard some had 60s as well). And yes I'm talking about super dutys.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The only difference between the 250 and 350 are the springs, everything else the same. A lot of guys doing heavy towing just put 350 springs on their 250s and then they are identical, or add-a-leafs.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Early 99 350 srw 1 ton has a dana 50 front diff.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
The only difference between the 250 and 350 are the springs, everything else the same. A lot of guys doing heavy towing just put 350 springs on their 250s and then they are identical, or add-a-leafs.
This is what I did, added a leaf and airbags to make my 250 stouter for towing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts