Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One I just put in is egt boost and pressure I installed the fuel pressure sensor were the 6.4 banjo bolt goes under the alternator is this right? and another question is should the pressure read a single number and stay there I no it will move once you get on the throttle but mine seems to be a scramble
Of numbers I've seen as low as 39 and a high of 78 moving at idle it's between 52 to 62 is this right or do I have something wrong truck is a 07 just did 6.4 banjo bolts and the upgraded fuel spring.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
The fuel pressure sensor should be in the regulator housing on the upper fuel filter housing.

The numbers will fluctuate due to the varied demand on the fuel system. Ideally you would see steady readings at idle or at cruise speed. The biggest changes will come during stop-n-go and varied speeds.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that something u need to drill and tap? Cause the one place I could use the 6.4 adaptor and sensor the air intake is in the way.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Is that something u need to drill and tap? Cause the one place I could use the 6.4 adaptor and sensor the air intake is in the way.
Mine before i installed the fuel pressure gauge i had 50 lbs at idle and 44 at WOT and that is to low, installed the kit now 62 idle and 58 WOT, low fuel pressure will kill injectors and over 70 lbs may blow injector o-rings.

The Reg. Kit number is 3C3Z-9T517-AG and you get it form Ford

http://tousleyfordparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=7351&siteid=214771&categoryID=158097&subcat1=170993The spring is located behind the small plate that the return line attaches to. This is probably one of the easiest repairs you can make... Take the four screws loose (they are T-27 torx screws), change pull the old spring out of the brass cup, put the new spring in and re-install the plate. When you are taking it loose, keep your thumb on the plate so the spring/cup doesn't pop out and also use your thumb to hold the plate up tight to the fuel bowl when re-installing, so the screws can be threaded in good. If you buy the whole kit (which I think is the only way you can get it from Ford), I would replace the brass cup while you are at it..
You can see the plate and return line here.
Page 30: Fuel Supply System
If you have low fuel pressure here is the fix
Here you go this is a good post by Band_ Member on the fuel pressure reg spring install. Just remember 99% of the 6.0 running around have low fuel pressure and don't know it.
Fuel Regulator Upgrade w/ Pictures - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Here is a good place to get one
Tousley Ford Parts Depot
2 stroker

·
Registered
652 Posts
You need more gauge something that will tell you the difference in ECT-EOT max 15* i think at 10* your oil cooler is starting to plug from silicate drop out of the Ford Gold coolant and casting sand coolant filter needed to filter system in your case the ScangaugeII about $150 would work because you have the A piller i think that is what you have.
This is what i got for the fuel pressure gauge, it goes into the test port, this is a cool set up gets the sender away from the heat and viberation of the motor.
6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter
Column Pod
1 Gauge Column Pod (AT)
Autometer Fuel Pressure gauge---Bottom Left (This matches my Dash gauges)
Phantom II Gauges
2 stroker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts