Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2WD OBS, and need to get some new tires. I figured while I'm at it, I would pick up a set of 16x8 black steel wheels. It's currently sitting on the stock 7" wide wheels with stock sized tires.

I have bushwhacker flares on my truck, and the stock rear wheels sit too far inboard. I've done my homework on this board (as well as Dieselstop and PS.org), and found that 2" spacers on the rear fix this problem.

My question is two-fold. First off, can I fit 305's or 315's on an 8" wide rim at stock ride height without issue? If not, what's the best tire size to run? I'm in Ohio, and this truck sees winter duty. I'm planning on purchasing a more agressive tire to help, but don't mind going with a skinner tire.

Second, are there wheels available that have enough backspacing and negative offset to fill out the rear flares at least partially? Will the 16x8's and a wider tire stick out further than the stock setup? I'm not sold on spacers, and from what I've read, it's hard to get good ones. I don't want to sacrifice utility for looks.

Lastly, does anyone have any pictures of a 2WD OBS with aftermarket wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance, and here's a picture of the truck in question:

·
Registered
93 Posts
if you space the front bumper out i think you could fit 285s or 305s and if you get a 4in backspacing i think you rear tires will look much better i have 285s on the stock rim and want some 16x8s with 4 in backspacing because i think the stance will be better

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really think I'd need to space my bumper out for 285's on a 16x8 wheel? Looks like I have plenty of room. I guess I'm just looking at the wheel in neutral position, and the scrub ratio is what's really important.

I don't want to throw off my speedometer too much either, just want to flush up my wheel wells and get some decent tires.

-MK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts