Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wrecked my 96 2wd and they totalled out plan is to buy it back and fix it with the insurance money so I was pricing up my options to go back with the twin I beam or put in the solid axel. I already have a transfer case that is useable.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Around here in NC, D 60 axle ranges from $400-$800.
Transfer cases-$200-$400

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also need new suspension parts as well would it be best to just find used or is there an aftermarket alternative that would be a better option over stock?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another question I whatever in regards to going back with the 2wd twin I beam ( which is not what I want to do I'd rather have the Dana 60) I found some twin I beam left side for E250 is that interchangeable with a f250

·
7,985 Posts
to be honest, if you are wanting to convert a 2 wheel to 4 wheel . look for a set of 05 or newer axles, front and rear and swap them in. the 05 axle was first year for coil springs, so it makes the front a whole lot easier to do, and swapping in the matching rear axle gives you a much better choice of alloy rims to use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see that would be nice since I'm due for new wheels and tires. I'm starting to maybe lean towards just going back to the twin I beam just because the I'm not to confident in the shop putting in the new components. I'm confident in there body work and the frame needs some straightening. I suppose I need to call them and ask how confident they feel about the work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts