Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the forums and diesels but i have been reading up on them for a little.
I just picked up an 03 F250 117k miles 2WD Supercab I would ideally have a four door 4WD but due to some unexpected times i dont have the $ to get exactly what I want.
Is it worth it to mod a 2WD diesel? I have only found 2 threads about it one said no cause all you will do is spin spin spin. Another said that there is a reason the fastest trucks are 2WD.

Help! I would really love to mod it (already got gauges, tuner, exhaust) but dont want to waste money if its just gonna sit at the starting line.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
What are you plans for the truck? Is it going to be a full out race truck or do you just want a fast street truck?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Personally I only use my 4wd when I'm out in the woods or in the snow going snowmobiling. On the street I never lock in to Street race. Even with my old dmax I had tuned up I never launched in 4 wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fast street truck pretty much sums it up something i can tango with lightnings and TBSS's with.

and that is good to hear

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
The advantage that a 2wd has over a 4x4 is less weight. Also, if your worried about spinning, get a good set of drag radials.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts

·
Banned
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been there done that! but street tires on the drag strip are no fun either! thanks for the good words guys ide love to keep my truck. whew. i mean unless i just happened to walk across a killer deal on one with 4x4 4 doors and perhaps studs already done lol

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Mine is a 2wd. I love it. Have had 4wd in the past and rarely used it. I use to run a 18.5" wide tire under my rear dually until the tire was no longer produced. Now I am back to 4 tires in the rear. Nothing more fun than laying down 3' of rubber on the road!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
As heavy as superduty's are you should hook pretty good, mine does.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
On those wide tires they would easily spin thru the first 3 gears. It was also crazy when it rains. At 50 MPH hit the pedal and rear wheels would break loose!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts