Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 f250 2wd. i bought it with a 2 inch leveling spacers on it. Replaced ball joints back in july and they are already bad. The top Knuckle (where the ball joints goes in) is rubbing against the other knuckle. Any suggestions on what to do to fix it? i have camber/caster on them but it didnt help. Anyone heard anything about drop brackets? twin i beam system. Sorry hope wasnt to confusing. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are sure they are bad? I have had the pinch bolt come loose and camber/caster bushing come out a little bit. It acts just like the upper ball joints are bad. If your camber is more than about 2.25 degrees it will rub like you are describing. Only real way to correct this is with drop brackets for the radius arms and i- beams. The only drop brackets i have found are the i-beam, from fab tech and run about $325.00 for the pair. When you put the spacers on it pushes the suspension away from the truck and the factory set up just does not allow for enough correction for 2" of lift. You could also buy a complete 2wd lift that has all the components to correct the front end geometry from a lift. In my opinion the spacers are a waste of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts