Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so in light of some rather unfatte..... , I mean unflattering pics that were recently posted LOL , I think it's time to start dieting and working out again. Weighed myself this morning and although I'm a little lighter than I thought I'd be (270.4lbs) I still need to be about 40lbs lighter.

In reality, I should be able to do that in about 2 months if I stick to it. But I'm giving myself 3 months.

Anyone wanna have a contest to see who can lose the most in 3 months? Might aid in the motivation department. We can come up with some kinda prize or something. Maybe a free windshield banner of the winner's choice or something like that since I can get that pretty easily.

And we can check in every Monday with progress reports and what we're doing.

Thoughts?

<<<<<EDITED FOR COMPLETE RULES>>>>>

Ok. Since we have more people on board, we'll make the official weigh-in/fat percentage this coming Monday, May 3rd.

Since some people want to go by body-fat, we'll have 2 prizes. One for most weight in pounds (via percentage by weight) lost in 3 months, and one for most fat percentage lost in 3 months.

Obviously the ideal thing would be for everyone to do fat percentage, but not everyone (including myself) has the ability to check that, so this just makes it easier.

We'll have everyone check in each Monday with their new weight/fat percentage, with final weight/fat-percentage being Monday, August 2nd. I don't really care if you post pics or not, but remember this is going off the honor system.

Unless a vendor would like to donate to the cause (I'll make a post in the vendor section), I'll supply the prizes in the form of a windshield banner (or similar sized decal) of your choice. If you can email it to me, I can have it made into a decal.

By the way, since I'm more or less running this, if I win I'll just forfeit the prize to whoever is second.

That sound good to everyone?

PRIZE EDIT. :D I FORGOT ABOUT THE SCT DASHSCAN THAT I WON AT THE BASH ON THE BAYOU. I DON'T REALLY HAVE A USE FOR IT SO THAT'LL BE ONE OF THE PRIZES. FCDP HAS PUT IN ANOTHER SCT DASHSCAN SO THAT'LL BE 1ST PLACE PRIZE FOR THE 2 CATEGORIES. OTHER SPONSORS HAVE STEPPED UP WITH MORE GOODIES SUCH AS HATS, T-SHIRTS, AND OTHER PRODUCTS SO WE'LL "PAY" PLACES TO AS MANY PRIZES AS WE HAVE. WINNERS GET TO PICK WHAT'S LEFT IN ORDER OF WHAT PLACE THEY ARE AND WHAT PRIZES ARE LEFT.

THANX TO FCDP, PERFORMANCE TRUCK PRODUCTS, COMPLETE PERFORMANCE, AND KT PERFORMANCE!!! :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
I'm game, like you said the compitition should help both. My bathroom scales are all I. Have access to and they weigh about 10 lbs heavy but they're consistant in their overage. I'll weigh tonight and snap a pic.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Oh yeah...I don't know where exactly I'm at, but I'm guessing I need to drop around 80-90 lbs to reach where I should be. Ideal for me would be 240ish.

I would suggest a Friday AM weigh in every week. Monday's can be bad sometimes...and it gives poeple some time to make up for it.

Jeremy, do you see this??

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fridays are fine, doesn't really matter to me. I'm starting today though. Already got my first test today too since me and my Dad are going out to lunch, lol. Luckily I get to pick where so I'll be able to get a nice boiled shrimp salad. :D

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Fridays are fine, doesn't really matter to me. I'm starting today though. Already got my first test today too since me and my Dad are going out to lunch, lol. Luckily I get to pick where so I'll be able to get a nice boiled shrimp salad. :D

Me too, salad today, salad tonight I'll put weight up tonight then go for a fat boy jog hopfully w/o getting a black eye! :doh:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I'm gonna have to figure out, some type of cardio. Rowing machines are really the only thing I've done that I liked, but those friggin' things are expensive! At least the good ones are.

·
Peon
727 Posts
I've pretty much stopped weighing myself for anything other than a chits-and-grins check. Since I've been doing Crossfit for the past few months, my weight loss has almost stopped but my trousers fit looser and I can see in the mirror that I'm still dropping body fat. While weight is an easily-measurable thing, the fact I'm able to jump higher/run faster/lift more weight/etc... means that I'm getting in better shape and THAT is the overall goal of a workout program for me.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Oh yeah...I don't know where exactly I'm at, but I'm guessing I need to drop around 80-90 lbs to reach where I should be. Ideal for me would be 240ish.

I would suggest a Friday AM weigh in every week. Monday's can be bad sometimes...and it gives poeple some time to make up for it.

Jeremy, do you see this??
See that...allready trying to find easier ways out. Do it on monday, MAKE yourself not do that thing that you normally would have done. If you wanna do it, then do it 100%. Dont half ass it.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
See that...allready trying to find easier ways out. Do it on monday, MAKE yourself not do that thing that you normally would have done. If you wanna do it, then do it 100%. Dont half ass it.
Agreed Friday is no diff than Monday, the best day to change is TODAY! Do body fat lbs whatever, I'm starting right now. My #'s are going up tonight and an unflatering pic so we can see the change as well.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree about the body fat but it's just a lot easier for most to check their weight than measure body fat.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Ok, ok, OK. I was just throwing something out there. I hadn't appreciated this was already in motion. On my way to get a scale.

It's on.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Ok, ok, OK. I was just throwing something out there. I hadn't appreciated this was already in motion. On my way to get a scale.

It's on.
LOL

Just trying to get some motivation for ya!!

I need to lose weight, but not nearly as much as some of yall, but I geuss I will tag along and lose what I gotta lose.

Good luck to everyone

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
I'm in but I'm not posting up like starting weight or anything. I just lost my job so I'm down for some quality gym time and pool time. I need to lose about 10-15 lbs and trim up.

Anyone have some good tips to share. Joe gave me his diet that he used before the surgery so maybe he will post up some of his ideas!!

1 - 20 of 470 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.