Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

250cc 80% injector and 68mm 1250 cfm turbo

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DZL JIM 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase 250cc 80% injectors and a 1250 cfm 68mm turbo with h2e mount setup. Does anybody have any input that i may be putting together a bad combo? and which of the two is my weaker link in terms of being able to handle one another? i just dont want to burn up the turbo while i want it to be pushed hard enough to make the quickest power i can with it! thanks any input appreciated

#4 ·
an S300 would be the turbo. seems like both of you are going to be running smaller injecters with a much larger turbo. Hey "stroked" what size turbo are you currently running? and what are you egt's getting up to. i just dont want to have to be light footed to keep from burning up turbo as soon as i install?

#5 ·
Currently running a 38r with a 1.15 housing, and sure with a heavy pedal it'll wrap that egt gauge right around but normal acceleration and playing around its not a big hassle to keep it under 1300*, and keep it the reccomended 40psi or below with a rare spike above, just remember what temperature alluminum melts at and worry about pistons and other internals melting and breaking down, not just the turbo, and yea my 238's won't be the ideal injector for that turbo, but the 300/200's that will happen a little later will fix that issue. But sure if you have no intention of further upgrades, a 38r and a 1.15 turbine would be an awesome match with 238's or 250's, but we all know how that is, if you're upgrading now get something with the mounting kit so you can easily and more affordably upgrade down the road

#6 ·
i was told that the 68mm s300 with 250cc 80% injectors would easily hit 50psi. is your warning of nothing above 40psi pertaining to concerns of headgaskets, headstuds, valve springs? or are there other things you were considering. thanks in advance!

#7 ·
mostly because a 38r with a stock housing isnt recomended for more that 40psi, other than that sure i would say get some valve springs and studs to be running injectors and a bigger turbo guaranteed, a lot better than poppin gaskets, and 40, 50 psi is definitely knocking down the door of doing that, and if youre doing those you might as well invest in some studs at least, easier to do it before the truck's broken down

#9 ·
you'll prob want a better hpop..250 is getting large even for an adrenaline, but you should ask bob at dieselsite on that one.
i was looking at 250 injectors and a modded h2e or modded qssb
so i would think you would be in the range..go too big you will have lag until it lights then hang on. now as far as housing sizes ...i'll defer that to a vendor..like beans,di, swamps etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.