Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the converter on the 250 will lock at 50mph but my question is, is the converter supposed to lock up like the 275 and the 310? meaning that it locks up right away once it hits a desired mph...
ive noticed that around 65 or so, while getting on the freeway, it wont lock unless i ease off the throttle a bit and also downshifts if you get on it after 50, is that normal?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really? im guessing the 275 and 310 feel like that cuz the lock up is at 45mph?
other then that i dont feal the same aggressiveness on the 250 then the other 2...and also the 275 or the 310 dont downshift once you get on it (thats what i feal on my rig)

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
My truck has always done this on the 250 and under tunes. The 275 and 310 tunes will not downshift and consistently lock-up. The 250 does just like the 210 on my truck with shifts, lock-up, and downshifts. The 210 Tow on the other hand is NICE! Lock-up at 45 mph constistently.

Note - I have one of the REALLY bad Job 1 stock TCM's

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i hear yah on the TCM bit...my truck has a build date of 05/07 and even though the shifting doesnt feel that bad, i do notice the inconsistancy of the shifting.
so you likin the new 210?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell yea! It has prolonged my reinstall of the Spartan TCM LOL

yeah, i was about to buy a job 2 or 3 tcm but decided to get something else for my truck, like a much needed downpipe, haha!
once i get these tunes loaded in ill be goofing around for a while

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that sucks, ill be doing the same thing also, just in case...good thing SD cards arent that much money anymore

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Well.....its the same. Sucks to be honest and I probably won't ever run that tune again. I don't like that it locks up at 50 mph at all. I prefer lock-up at 45 mph, if not sooner. I got on the interstate, got up to 70 mph and hammered it and it stayed locked. Slowed down to 65 mph and hammered it....converter un locked and the tranny did a nice downshift (under an overpass might I add lol). Got me some food, got back on the interstate giving it decent throttle accelerating through the gears. 50 mph.....no lock up....55 mph.....60 mph....still no lock-up....65 mph....FINALLY!

I will be daily driving the 210 Tow Performance. Best tune other than the 275 and 310 I have ever used. Shifting is excellent and torque converter lock up is consistent at 45 mph. It actually pulls like a SOB on the highway with the converter locked and back pressure is not bad at all. I have been monitoring desired back pressure though....so not sure if its really as close to 1:1 as it seems....

Ohhhhh, forgot to add.....still getting the high idle surging with the 250 tune....I told Mick about it about 10 mins ago. Guess its a waiting came to see if anyone else sees it. If not....then I guess its my truck. I was seeing rail pressure jump between 5600-6000 psi in high idle. Normal idle psi for that tune is 5000-51000 psi. There was no RPM change during the surging, just rail pressure psi.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Well.....its the same. Sucks to be honest and I probably won't ever run that tune again. I don't like that it locks up at 50 mph at all. I prefer lock-up at 45 mph, if not sooner. I got on the interstate, got up to 70 mph and hammered it and it stayed locked. Slowed down to 65 mph and hammered it....converter un locked and the tranny did a nice downshift (under an overpass might I add lol). Got me some food, got back on the interstate giving it decent throttle accelerating through the gears. 50 mph.....no lock up....55 mph.....60 mph....still no lock-up....65 mph....FINALLY!

I will be daily driving the 210 Tow Performance. Best tune other than the 275 and 310 I have ever used. Shifting is excellent and torque converter lock up is consistent at 45 mph. It actually pulls like a SOB on the highway with the converter locked and back pressure is not bad at all. I have been monitoring desired back pressure though....so not sure if its really as close to 1:1 as it seems....

Ohhhhh, forgot to add.....still getting the high idle surging with the 250 tune....I told Mick about it about 10 mins ago. Guess its a waiting came to see if anyone else sees it. If not....then I guess its my truck. I was seeing rail pressure jump between 5600-6000 psi in high idle. Normal idle psi for that tune is 5000-51000 psi. There was no RPM change during the surging, just rail pressure psi.
Ok too add to this, i loaded the 250 tonight too, same lock up blah blah, but i dont want it changed for the simple fact that im running a single, the late lock up is better for part throttle to keep the turbo lit,

Ran the 310 this morning and it idled perfectly, same conditions all week, the previous day the old non egr 250 surged and smoked like a mutha, so tomorrow i will let you know if the smoke ect, is still there, i have a feeling since its an EGR tune it will be fine, but we will know in a few hours.

When i run the 310 its like a 12v with slipped timing and it will white smoke a pop like a mother, thats why i cant street drive the 310 and the lock up is too aggressive

Here is a thought, see what you guys think, but i would suggest on the 310 "mild" performance, that spartan puts later lock up in it, be more streetable and solve a ton of issues for people on the street, then for the "aggressive" tune run the early lock up, best of both worlds everyone gets what they want... just a thought pass it along.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I didn't get smoke. My truck was pretty much at temp when it went in to high idle....its just so freaking cold tonight. I was putting fuel in my truck when it went in to high idle and surging began. As soon as I got home I loaded the 210 Tow Perf back up and will be running that from now on.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
250 still idled/smoked like crazy, going to have to get some data logs to matt to take a look at.

210 towperformance is loading now, even though its not an egr delete tune, i just hope it doesnt cycle the EGR valve or im going to have to try another tune.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts