Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an opportunity to pick up a 2001 24v HO complete with 100hrs of run time cheaper than it would cost to basecally get remain injectors for a 7.3.
My question is how are you guys running OBDII Diag on these engines. Use the Dodge PCM for the truck? Also, where can I find a wiring schematic for mating my 7.3 harness to the cummins harness. Any electrical do's and dont's and schematics will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Check my build thread, Ive got a couple links in there, and also basically walk thru the connections from ford to 24v.

-You do not use the dodge PCM.
-For OBD2, its all in the thread Im pretty sure. Essentially hook up the plug like it was wired in the dodge. Just one wire from ECM goes to ECM spot, and PCM spot in the OBD2 plug.
-You wont be able to get a check engine light, as that comes thru the PCM, then into the computer in the dash to actually run the light. You can have everything else. Turn key for grid heater, etc, with WTS light working etc.

Happy to help walk you thru the wiring, its really not bad. But do check out my thread, Ive got a lot or wiring info in there, tried to make it fairly easy for someone to use that thread to wire their truck up. Thread is just near bottom of this page, or search my user name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts