Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some of my impressions with the ICP mod.

I tried a few combos to see which one I like the most.

5K- didn't notice much difference, idled stayed the same
10K- Idle sounded more aggressive, could feel a difference in low end torque
15K- Couldn't sense much difference between this one and 10K, except throttle very touchy.
22K- Sweet spot for my truck. Idle very throaty sounding, can hear that slight turbo while great now. Seems to really light my turbo can really hear it. Performance increase very noticeable. Seems to have alot more power up top as well as down low, Might be due to turbo lighting faster?
33K- Truck hated it- made the engine run funny when letting off gas. Idle sounded great though. Wouldn't spool turbo very well, no power in the mid or high range
42k- Gonna test soon and see so stay tuned.

have no gauges to tell you any differences in boost to egts.

I only drive this thing around town and I baby it so don't have to worry about egts but love the sound my turbo makes now. IDM mod soon!

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Um the mods in question are supposed to be 10k and 4.2k and not 42k. I have no idea how much damage you may do to your truck but since you are willing to be a guinea pig go right ahead and post up your results.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Dave, I wouldn't have a clue what a Banks six gun is as I know better than to buy anything with Banks, Bully Dog, Superchips, etc etc. name on it. I guess for some guys that stuff is all they are looking for. I am not bustin on the OP. I was simply letting him know that the mod was a 4.2k resistor and not a 42k resistor. At some point playing with resistors he is likely to find one that will do damage is all I was telling him.

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah because 42k is pretty much double the resistance of the 22k.....can you say heat?

·
Drive fast, look cool
391 Posts
i've see a few tips blow off with people getting outta hand with fooling the ICP sensor, not my cup of tea. Like the guys around here that zip tie wastegates on trucks then wonder why their turbo went to pieces

to each their own, not for me though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts