Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2003 f-350 dually. Just had 22.5's installed wrapped with Contintenal HDR 255/70/22.5. He wants to know how much tire pressure to run in these tires b/c the recommended 110psi is way to much the ride is stiff. He currently is running about 70 psi and it is better but still little stiff. He also is looking for shocks. He wants Bilstiens but cannot find them for his application. he has a 2.5" leveling pro-comp kit in it. So basically he wants to know

How much air pressure should he run in the tires??
and
What brand/model shocks to get and from were??

Any input would help out a lot thank you.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I was running 45 in the front and rear with my 19.5s. Michelin XRVs. In all reality one of those tires can support the weight of the truck.

Find something in a 7/8 shaft shock. Or go duals. Fox Racing has a nice one.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I run 60psi most of the time. I have tried 80psi with heavy load and the truck rolled nicely with the springs and shocks, but almost chipped a tooth empty. The springs leveled the truck with 4" lift in the front and about 1.5" in the rear. I have Bilsteins all around. I would have to get a part number for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boobin can you please get me the part num and were u got them from.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he just told me he was thinking of getting bilstiens he can get them but he wants silver shocks so i am thinking its gootta be icon can anyone get me that part num. and price??

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
its been working fine for me with the 30' gooseneck loaded with hay approx 29k total weight and towing a truck scaled at 23,400. I am sure it could be overloaded but it hasn't happened yet

·
Registered
551 Posts
My Bilsteins are silver with black boots. I got them at the same time I got my springs from National Spring along with the adjustable trac-bar.

I will get a part number for the front and rear as soon as the lets up a bit.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
its been working fine for me with the 30' gooseneck loaded with hay approx 29k total weight and towing a truck scaled at 23,400. I am sure it could be overloaded but it hasn't happened yet
I think you have 2 extra plies in yours.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you boobin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts