Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Superduty DRW, 3.73 gear, stock tires, S&B intake. I just installed KEM tunes with the H&S Black Maxx. DPF is still on. I took a trip up to Charlotte on I-85 North almost 140 miles. I got 22.1mpg!!! My previous best stock was 18mpg and I had the mirrors folded in with a tail wind. Today the mirrors were out, no wind and I got 22.1! Very happy so far. This is on the first tank so hopefully it keeps it up. Also I was running KEM's fuel saver tune.

Attachments

·
Banned
274 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't go off what your truck says. Cause it's very hard to believe a Dullie with 3.73's are getting that mpg. My truck first said I was getting 29 mpg when I put my tuner and DPF delete on so don't go off of that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Impressive whether by lie-o-meter or by hand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I wouldn't go off what your truck says. Cause it's very hard to believe a Dullie with 3.73's are getting that mpg. My truck first said I was getting 29 mpg when I put my tuner and DPF delete on so don't go off of that.

I reset the trip meter every fill up and hand calculate the mileage. The display is usually within .5mpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
What speed where you averaging?

·
Banned
274 Posts
I reset the trip meter every fill up and hand calculate the mileage. The display is usually within .5mpg
Still very hard to believe that your dullie with 3.73's get's better mpg then my single rear wheel with 3.55's and DPF delete. Have you ever done it by hand and not going off what your truck says.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still very hard to believe that your dullie with 3.73's get's better mpg then my single rear wheel with 3.55's and DPF delete. Have you ever done it by hand and not going off what your truck says.
I just use the miles from the odometer and gallons of fuel I pump in and its usually within .5mpg of what the truck is saying.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Whenever I get to a highway speed, I reset the instant to see what MPG I am holding at 70MPH (my usual cruising speed). Impressive. How does everything else feel (tranny etc)? Any issues, surging yadi yadi?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whenever I get to a highway speed, I reset the instant to see what MPG I am holding at 70MPH (my usual cruising speed). Impressive. How does everything else feel (tranny etc)? Any issues, surging yadi yadi?
The tranny shifts kinda hard but there is obviously no slipping or shift flare. No surging. I here the turbo waste gate opening more when I let off the throttle in town.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did the same thing with the instant mpg meter. I reset it at the interstate. It was reading close to 23mpg at the end of the trip.

·
Registered
461 Posts
That's awesome. If you can, please answer the other questions. Any issues at all, surging etc?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Unless you bought a new truck, you are comparing apples to oranges........however, 22.5 sounds awesome if it's true

·
Banned
274 Posts
Unless you bought a new truck, you are comparing apples to oranges........however, 22.5 sounds awesome if it's true
Exactly mine should defiantly get better mpg cause I have DPF delete and it's a smaller engine plus I have less gears. Something just doesn't add up. But hey if he is really getting that great mpg then more power to him cause he has the best powerstroke out there. I still don't think it's true though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Exactly mine should defiantly get better mpg cause I have DPF delete and it's a smaller engine plus I have less gears. Something just doesn't add up. But hey if he is really getting that great mpg then more power to him cause he has the best powerstroke out there. I still don't think it's true though.
Can you be more negative? This is the 6.7 forum you know. Before all my extensive body mods etc I saw 21mpg easily at 70mph and often more. More liters does not need more fuel usage. It's called technology and the same reason why my 55" flat screen uses less power than an old 27" tube I had.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That would be awesome to get 22. I think it is easily possible to get that mpg. My truck with just mini maxx on hot got 18 with highway and city mixed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
103 Posts
less gears is less efficent

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
less gears is less efficent
:confused:

To the OP, The lie o meter is fairly accurate stock, but when deleted and tuned, it throws it off

·
Registered
674 Posts

Woodboy,
Little off subject but I don't do racism well at all.
Does your avatar that mean that you would have brought home our Black servicemen also, and left them there to serve as slaves and just bring home the whites as the Confederacy symbol you posted stood for ?

Wasn't Lyndon Johnson from Texas? I think he left his fair share...
Your intention may have been good, with the intention to bring hope for the still MIA, but I don't think you appreciate what the Confederate flag means to a black man, and the hypocricy of that avatar..
You can respond by PM.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree that the OP should hand calculate (or download an app to his phone if applicable) to verify. My lie-o-meter is very close stock (closest I have seen in a lie-o-meter from the big 3). I was getting some impressive mileage until i added the lift, tires, fender flares etc. The 6.7 is an impressive beast stock. I had a Smarty on my Cummins and the Lie was also very close. KEM would be throwing themselves on a fork if they were lying about the numbers they are seeing (not saying companies don't do it but it seems KEM wouldn't).

1 - 20 of 80 Posts