Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys made alittle road trip today with my 24ft and 164 square bales. I figure it's a 8,200 lbs plus the trailer. I got 13.8mpg hand calculated on the freeway. It was mixed hills with flat road. Power was HUGE efts stayed around 900-1000 on hills and 800 on flat. Though this might be some good info.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wow that's good for 6.4.. right??

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was happy with the mpg. I would still like to lower egts some more. Does anybody know hom much of a diff the bigger intercooler makes. I have the cold side ic pipe but didn't notice much of a diff. I'm ready for the dang 2011s to come out so I can get a new tow rig. I want a 6.7 450 but I'm not gona touch the motor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've noticed a little bit of a difference while cruising in egts, with the Spearco Intercooler. Prolly between 50 and 100 degrees. Noticed cooler egts at wot also.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed a little bit of a difference while cruising in egts, with the Spearco Intercooler. Prolly between 50 and 100 degrees. Noticed cooler egts at wot also.
Thats what im looking for. Once I do the egr/wastegate ill go with the intercooler next.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just curious, what would you calculate your gross at? Also, what mph? Trying to compare your numbers with my dismal 9mpg stock pulling ~17k (truck, trailer, and load) at 70mph.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious, what would you calculate your gross at? Also, what mph? Trying to compare your numbers with my dismal 9mpg stock pulling ~17k (truck, trailer, and load) at 70mph.

truck is around 8600, hay was around 8,000-8,500 trailer does not have a weight tag but I would guess around 4,000 for the trailer. So somewhere around 21k total weight. My cruise was set on 70 the whole way. There is a few people on here that say they get 16mpg while pulling a load completely stock but they are full of ####.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nice! My truck is 7,920 empty, 20x7 bumper pull flatbed is 3,400 and I had roughly 6,000 in load at 70mph with the cruise set. I need a friggin Spartan delete already!

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
colt- you may wanna consider a downpipe if you havent already done it, made about 50* difference for me with a bit better spoolup. that was one of the mods i did that were a nice surprise. but if you're doing wg and egr delete you'll be getting one anyway.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
colt- you may wanna consider a downpipe if you havent already done it, made about 50* difference for me with a bit better spoolup. that was one of the mods i did that were a nice surprise. but if you're doing wg and egr delete you'll be getting one anyway.
That's a good idea I am planning on doing the waste gate and egr but it might be awhile. I think I am going to buy the wife a new truck tomorrow so mine is going to take a back burner until I get a hitch and transfer flow tank put in it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had 4 4wheelers in this trailer and no matter what I did I could only get 8 to 9 mpg with my H&S. This was on a trip from Iowa to Glamis Ca and 55mph to 75 on the interstate. Great power but not much for mpg's.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had 4 4wheelers in this trailer and no matter what I did I could only get 8 to 9 mpg with my H&S. This was on a trip from Iowa to Glamis Ca and 55mph to 75 on the interstate. Great power but not much for mpg's.
Yeah ive got a h&s that is sitting in my desk and that is where it will stay. Go with what is proven.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Glamis is the best. Its just the 3900 miles I put on my truck in 1 week that sux. I like my H&S and I dont want to buy a spartan just to see if I can get better mpg's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice truck did you tint the headlights, or are they Harley?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts