Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i have to do to run 20x10 rims for the X????

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I would assume your looking at 33-35"
33" needs V and modded B codes with a 2" hanger, or use X codes.
35" needs V's and 3" hangers

We can get you everything needed to fix the Excursions handling.

Cary

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
On the rims you will be wanting 4.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you think 20x10 is to big and wide if i just want to lift it like 3 in?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Me too. Not sure about you but I do not think I really see the point in buying a 2x4 X. If it was truck with bed OK but an X when you consider resale jsut no good reason. I wonder how many were actually sold and of those how many had a diesel. It can not be many at all. Then again I can not see ever building a X with any thing but a diesel in it. Far worse mpg. Far short life, lower resale. If Ford had been smart they woudl have focused a good portion of marketing at guys with the diesel 4x4 and offered a real FX-4 off road package Basically 4" of lift with 35x12.50

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
Looks good .WHAT 3" lift did you use?Was that on leaf spring front end?
Front springs are Superlift p/n 01-222-6, stock rear spring stack was reworked by Valley Spring Service with one extra long leaf and some custom overload leaves for towing, stock 2.5" blocks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 03 ED 2WD with the 6.0. I live in S FL and Have no need or reason to use 4wd. Why lose the MPG and have added costs to the vehicle. I got the ex cheaper and I'm happier for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.