Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am runnin 20x10 ATX mojave wheels on the 6.4 leveled 2.5" an 5.5" blocks in rear. She sits tall thats for sure. I have 285/65-20 on it now just a tad bigger than stock. One thing I love is its a square look to the wheels which match the hole truck. Although Im all about 35's on 17x8 rims so there all bubbled out like the jeep, Its a nice finish for the truck and everyone loves it. Drives well and for winter time there plenty big enough yet not crazy wide where they don't cut the snow. I will be needed a set soon and don't know what to do. Do I go 35x12.50 which should help just a little with a tuffer look? Stick to a more narrow tire to keep it as I have it? I am all about BFGoodrich T/A's and swear but them but the Goodyear DuraTrac has really started to win me over on looks as well as working year round. I do a lot of highway driving normally in summer for trips and of course playing, sled pulls drags all that stuff. So I just can't justify a M/T tire as good as they look there gone before you know it with the power. So do I go 305/55-20's in some tires? Im sure that would look good or do I go right for the tire I like and have now. BF's seem to always stay strong and last me all i can ask for for the abuse I give them and whatnot. Can't see how so many of you get this HP out of hte trucks and still put mt's on them. My 2005 I had 35x12.50x20's Toyo M/T's on and right off bat they did wear fast but... i do remember then lasting a while mid way right till I sold the truck and even he had them on a while.

Suggestions?

BFG All Terrain in 285's like I have or go 305s
Goodyear DuraTrac 305's

I got just about 30K miles on these BF's an they have enough tread to hold me threw a decent winter, and if I can milk next summer but once they get somewhat bald... i'll end up with liquid corage and im sure smoke the hell out of them.

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O yea one more thing.

So many people are putting 37's on with these leveling kits and a little pulling back of fenders.... I am curious. I just don't wanna rob to much power out of truck with all that. Input? MPG effects? worth the look or stick to function

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am thinking about running bigger tires but dont want to make it slow either. I have a buddy that is running 37s on a ccsb cummins and he lost about 2 or 3 MPG but still gets 18 to 20 with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts