Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to start building my engine in a couple of months and was wondering if that would be a good streetable setup? I would also plan on a airdog and a RR. Any thoughts on how the trans would do with this setup an with my 36 15.50 20 tires.

·
matt
911 Posts
sounds like a dam good setup to me! that should have alot of power some N02 would put the cherry on top!

·
matt
911 Posts
what brand of turbo are you going with? just wondering. oh and gotta love the N02!!:rockon:

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Well the real benefits (which I am sure you know) of a non-VGT turbo are more air up top and no sticking vanes.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Well the real benefits (which I am sure you know) of a non-VGT turbo are more air up top and no sticking vanes.
Once u delete egr's u usually have no sticky vein issues.

·
1,549 Posts
Well I have never experienced my vanes sticking anyways and I have never cleaned my turbo and I probably had about 65-70K miles on my truck before I did the egr delete but some people have them stick. That is why I listed "more air up top" first which should in theory not require such a huge non-VGT turbo IMO.

·
1,549 Posts
I really like the idea of a drop in vgt but i want it reliable and isnt a non vgt be 3000+ for everything? I can get the vgt 66/71 for $1650
I'll tell ya, I see your point and I have been there already. I was going to get a PM because it was the greatest thing since sliced bread but after hearing how much air is left to be desired up top I decided it wasnt worth it and I am saving for a non-VGT turbo. I know it will cost about $1000 more but being able to have a better performing engine is worth it to me. Oh yea and big wheel VGTs dont seem to last very long as compared to non-VGTs.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you can get a 64mm bat from bullseye for 1650 + the pedestal/mount kit so its about 2200 for the setup...

the surging that causes early death of the big vgt's can be eliminated with tuning, good tuning that is. I know RCD and IDP can tune for big vgt's. I honestly wouldnt recommend them though.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you can get a 64mm bat from bullseye for 1650 + the pedestal/mount kit so its about 2200 for the setup...

the surging that causes early death of the big vgt's can be eliminated with tuning, good tuning that is. I know RCD and IDP can tune for big vgt's. I honestly wouldnt recommend them though.
That price doesnt seem to bad. With that turbo what injector would be ideal?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

That may be right I just went off the top of my head.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.