Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a Pup
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any adverse effects/problems you get when changing to a 203* thermostat on a stock/modified PSD?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Are there any adverse effects/problems you get when changing to a 203* thermostat on a stock/modified PSD?
Don't run the 203 t-stat with big oil. Your oil temps will run hot.

·
1,097 Posts
I haven't had any problems with it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've had it now in two vehicles. Smooths out the thumpiness at cruise speed. A little better mileage too.

I'm stock other than a DP Tuner. Check my signature.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I had the 203 t-stat before I did injectors or big oil. With the truck in relatively stock form, the 203 delivered what it promised, and I was very happy with it. However, as I said above, it does not agree well with big oil.

·
Registered
205 Posts
What's the increase in MPG with "big oil"?

·
Just a Pup
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks *stik. As of right now It doesn't look like I'm going to have the cashflow for awhile, so the "too hot w/big oil issue" shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Howdy,

Just put the 203 Stat in my late 1999 F-250. No mileage checks yets, but seems to run smoother. Also, I like the quick warmer cab in the winter. Thanks to all in psn for the tip!!!

Ghyslain

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Howdy,

Just put the 203 Stat in my late 1999 F-250. No mileage checks yets, but seems to run smoother. Also, I like the quick warmer cab in the winter. Thanks to all in psn for the tip!!!

Ghyslain
Holy 4 year old thread...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts