Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2023 F450 and I'm looking for the most longevity out of the engine. And I am debating doing a full delete on day one. (My truck is due for delivery in fall of 2023 since it is a custom order, so there should be options by then.)

I was thinking of doing a CCV delete on day one. And then if I had any issues I would simply put the system back on and take it to the dealer so I would still be covered under warranty. Mainly I just don't like the idea of oil covering my new Intake, turbo, intercooler etc. So first question, does that require a programmer?

But then I still have the egr putting a bunch of garbage through the engine as well. So do I program that out too? And can I return it back to stock at any time so I keep my warranty going?

Or, do I just do a full delete on day one and void my warranty since all that emission crap is just taking life out of my new engine. The emissions warranty is 50k miles and I've seen a few videos showing low mileage like that and oil and carbon build up is all over the intake, turbo and intercooler, plus building up on the valves and injectors etc.

Again, the main goal is longevity. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
I would do none of that and keep the warranty intact for it's duration
I second this opinion. Let the truck break in according to the engineering design. Then decide.

Reactions: Zmann

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't void the warranty on a $60-90k truck unless I had enough money to pay cash for another one.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, so far the consensus is to keep on emissions equipment until warranty, logical and understood.

Then the next questions is, once I have removed all of the emissions after 50k miles will doing a BG flush to clean the heads, and manually cleaning the intake, turbo, and intercooler of all remaining oil and carbon be enough to undo anything the emissions might have done? Or am I forgetting something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts