Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been addressed, though I wasn’t able to find any information regarding this issue.

I JUST bought a 2018 F250 Platinum, and downloaded the Ford Sync app for my iPhone. I followed all the instructions to sync up my truck. After completing everything, I am able to see my trucks details as far as fuel consumption, oil life, mileage. However, there is no icons available for auto start or unlock via the phone app. I’ve tried loading the app., and going through basic troubleshooting ideas with no luck.

Now I took it to the dealer to discuss some recalls, and asked about the sync issue. A very short Q&A with the oil change tech., and he said the modem may need a reset or may be dead? However I’m still getting the above mentioned data. He said it’d be $300 bucks to look into it, which sounds crazy...

Any ideas?

I appreciate the time...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Can you remote start the truck using the key fob??

·
Jim D's '19 F-450 Dually
75 Posts
If you didn't purchase the "Remote Start" Option, you can't start it from your key, but still should be able to start it from Ford Pass on the phone, as long as you have a Ford Pass account! I bought a new F-450 and the Dealer signed me up for a new Ford Pass Account, which allows me to start, lock/unlock the truck, etc. from my phone, even thought the truck doesn't have a remote start option! But, you MUST have the Ford Pass Account!!! Talk to your dealer... I don't think they can charge you for that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2018 F350 Platinum and had the same question. After a spending a large amount of time deleting and resyncing along with other pissing around, I finally got a hold of the Ford Sync people. They said that it wasn't an option in that year and Model for a modem. Not going to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts