Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a long post...please bear with me. I recently had a aftermarket Titan Tank 60 gal tank put on my F250. Immediately after the install, the truck had "hard starts". Once it starts, runs like a champ. I contacted the shop and informed them of the issue. They said it was probably air in the fuel system and drive it for a while. Since I had a terrible experience with the shop that did the install, I did not take it back to them. A different shop pulled the tank and cleaned it and changed the fuel filter, which was plugged with what I suspect was crystallized DEF. The shop put on a new filter and started the truck. That took out the fuel pump. They replaced the fuel pump and put in both filters. The truck still hard starts and once it is warmed up, starts more quickly, but not like it used to. I suspect when the shady shop pulled my old tank and pumped out the fuel, they pumped it into a contaminated barrel and them pumped the crap back into my new tank. I have no way of proving it, other than my word against theirs. The truck has 63k miles and an extended warranty, but I did not think it was right to expect (and fight) Ford to honor the issue. The truck is parked in the garage so I don't plug it in. Any help would be appreciated. I love the truck.
Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
Which pump did the shop replace?? Have you tried to purge the fuel system?? This requires you to cycle the key power On at least 6 times to run the lower frame fuel pump. I highly recommend more than 6 times to make sure you don't hear any noises from the lower pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They replaced the pump at the tank, the one with the water separator I will try the key cycle. Thank you so much for responding!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which pump did the shop replace?? Have you tried to purge the fuel system?? This requires you to cycle the key power On at least 6 times to run the lower frame fuel pump. I highly recommend more than 6 times to make sure you don't hear any noises from the lower pump.
I have tried this several times. It seems to be losing its prime. Once running and if turned off, will usuall start right up. But if I have to wait a bit...then hard start occurs. Frustrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts