Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install 2016 doors on a 99 to 02? I just bought 2 front new take off doors from a 2016 for my 02 with everything minus mirrors the only thing is my glass is all scratched up and there manual and mine are power. I figured I could use all my internals but use the new shell,rubber strip n door channels, and the handles and glass. Am I right or do I have to use all my 02 glass and all? Pretty much just use the door shell?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Ive never heard of it, but I imagine you can make it work as long as the door is the same shape and all.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shell,outside n inside handle, window channel and inner and outer weather strip measure identical just unsure yet if the glass will work. I believe the latch mechanism is the same but I'd have to use the 02 light switch as the plug is different from 02 to the new 16 but that's no biggie as I planned on using all the 02 electrical and door panels. I like the thought of the new thicker glass also blemish free. All the 2016 stuff I don't use I'll just sell off cheap ya know as I'll never use it lol.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Is the main reason you're wanting to do this because of your scratched up glass? If so, thats a lot of work to get clean windows.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No main reason is these are new rust free and mine are shot. The trucks getting a completely for the most part new body but the new thicker,scratch free glass would be a nice added touch since I already have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts