Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Where did you get the pump from? Have you pulled the VCV back out to see if there is any debris in it? An injector may not leak by at 75 psi but certainly could at 20,000. The difficult part is narrowing down which one(s).

when the engine is at full temperature, does it have an extended crank before starting?
All ford parts. I’ve have not pulled anything back apart yet. Starts with no hesitation

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Out of curiosity...im confident that i made no mistake but, things happen. What would happen if you were to get the high pressure pump a tooth or two out of time? could that potentially cause these issues? maybe worth pulling apart to re-verify...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It is in time correctly. I can sleep better now knowing that.
Out of curiosity...im confident that i made no mistake but, things happen. What would happen if you were to get the high pressure pump a tooth or two out of time? could that potentially cause these issues? maybe worth pulling apart to re-verify...
Made no mistake. It is in time. pulled the VCV no debris.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
I assume you also changed the drivers fuel rail and pressure regulator on the back of it ? Starting to run out of ideas except getting things warrantied.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I assume you also changed the drivers fuel rail and pressure regulator on the back of it ? Starting to run out of ideas except getting things warrantied.
Its been a head scratcher for sure. Trying not to light this thing on fire.
Yes, so the contamination kit comes with fuel pressure, feed, and return lines. HPFP, both fuel rails, injectors, and all sensors. I replaced the fuel cooler, and low pressure pump. i am currently replacing #5&6 injector since the compensations were high. After that i really dont know what to do. at a complete loss.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
I know the kits come with all that, just confirming you installed it. See what happens after you change those injectors.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
Maybe you got a bad pump? If you don’t have any volume restrictions on the low pressure side it’s definitely a weird problem, especially with all new OEM parts. See if they’ll give you another pump.

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts
I also meant to ask do you have the latest software flashed to the ECM?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts