Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for experienced Ford Diesel Mechanic or owner who has had same/similar issues/codes who can tell me what they did to fix. I don't want to start throwing parts at the truck without resolution.

I just bought newer ford f350 dually 6.7L 4x4 Diesel few weeks ago with 123K miles. It has engine light with several codes that appear to be related to the H-DEF system/tank for the exhaust gas emissions stuff & something related to the crank case ventilation, which pre-purchase diesel inspection thinks might be clogged oil separator. He noted several other straight forward mechanical repairs, which I am not worried about.

Ford Also apparantely had some extended warranties related to the above issues until end of last year, so its just out of that warranty coverage.

Attached is the info from the pre purchase inspection and related codes.

It seems like Ford had some extended warranties for these related issues. I just need an experienced mechanic to tell me what parts to order and replace to resolve the issue.

P04DB Crank Case Ventilation System Disconnected

P20BA Reductant Heater “A” Control Circuit Performance

P205C Reductant Tank Temp Sensor Circuit Low

P2031 Exhaust Gas Tem Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation A Circuit Low

Attachments

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
You may have multiple issues. As far as the crankcase vent, the ECM doesn’t know if it’s clogged or not. The purpose of the sensor is to tell the ecm that the hose is connected to the intake. That’s it. It’s common for the wiring pigtail to fail. That would be the first thing I would check.

The next 2 codes are for the reductant heater. It’s a common problem. The unit in the DEF tank likely needs replacing.

EGT sensors do go bad too. Verify wiring with to ECM before condemning sensors. Also check wiring pigtail ends.

The EGR valve is not very common to fail but it is possible. Make sure it’s properly connected and the wiring pigtail is in good condition. Verify wiring to the ECM and try to perform functionality test with IDS to verify valve failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts