Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post and first ford. I just bought a 2014 KR F250 and have had a couple issues out of the radio and screen. The first thing that happened was the day after I bought it my volume controls didnt work. Everything else did but I couldnt turn the volume up or down. I had to go in the settings and do a restore to default settings. I got home tonight (a week later) and my touch screen isnt letting me touch anything to select it. All the dash buttons work and the screen works but none of the buttons on the screen selections. Anybody had this problem or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's where the 2014 Ford F-250 Super Duty earns its keep. Boasting even more capability than the best-selling F-150, the 2014 F-250 is a match for almost any imaginable challenge, particularly with the Super Duty-only diesel-powered V8 aboard.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You could either try a power down by disconnecting both batteries a short period of time and the reconnect or have the dealership handle it. I assume since it's a 14 it is covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Ford Touch MFT? 2 things. Make sure the software is up to date at SyncMyRide.com (ford site)

And try the DElayed Reboot app outofmytouch - delayed reboot app

Until the last version of MFT, the supystem in my '13 Exploder drove me nuts. The current 3.6.2 is pretty solid.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would take it to ford and let them deal with it if it's under warranty

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 2014 Lariat. I had a similar problem with the touch screen doing the same thing one day, it wouldn't do anything, then it said it was updating it's software (using my cellphone I presume) and it then resumed normal operation after a few minutes.

Let me know if the replacement unit cures your problem or not as it would be good to know if there is a hardware, or software problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Lariat FX4 last week and I'm having the same issue. One minute my touch screen was working and now two days ago it stopped working. I can't pull up my Navigation, Radio, Climate and etc. What erks me is that I can't even turn on my A/C seats and in Louisiana, I need it!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I brought my SD to my Ford Dealership and they told me that it is a module and they will replace it. I dropped the SD off early in the a.m. and then I get an E-mail saying it was completed. I was excited. I left work early and got to the dealership and was excited to pick up my truck that is fully functional... So I asked them it's fixed right?!?!? They said nope! I've got something better! In my head I was like a replacement SD with 0 miles? But the guy told me that they were going to change out the entire touch screen and under warranty. I guess that's good in a good way, but that means I have to wait till this weekend for them to fix it. I just hope that the new replacement will work for a while!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts