Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To explain:
Need transfer case w dual output shafts,
We build fences, and move 12' at a time, we use the following post pounder set ups.
Three man operation, hard to get into corners (truck must be attached)
ImageUploadedByAG Free1375456048.780375.jpg

Evolved into this, works great Ugly enough that it won't be allowed on some job sites. 2 man operation. ImageUploadedByAG Free1375456154.699522.jpg
Which turned into this, and again requires 3 man operation. ImageUploadedByAG Free1375456315.066199.jpg
Bought this and will be rigging it up to steer, drive (via orbit motor). ImageUploadedByAG Free1375456414.569382.jpg

So question is does anyone know how to make this work? Thinking dual transfercases w one running off hyd orbit Motor. Steering assist ram like some lifted trucks have, w a lever on the back. Any one have ideas on this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, will be easier to install a second shifter cable to the shift lever on tranny. That will take care of forward and reverse and then don't need to add a second transfer case.

Now need to tie into the accelerator and brake pedals. Throttle is fly by wire, if I install a second pedal will that work?

Brakes I have no ideas on yet, hope to get something figured out.

·
Billy Big Rigger
288 Posts
Would've been cheaper to buy a used medium duty truck mounted pounder. Where I used to work had 2 97 f700's with Cummins, 4bt Cummins powered pounders on the back, they paid 18K each before I got there.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be nice to see. However some of the companies require us to have newer "safe" equipment.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We finally had some time to work on this project, albeit with a different truck, cab and chassis. Its working and almost complete!
We are running it in Siec mode (Stationary PTO mode) with the drive shaft off of it.
With the shaft on we have to run in mobile mode and with no one in the cab it has pto on at idle which is not good for the truck and we lose hydraulic pressure.

Does anyone know how to make the truck think its in neutral? Maybe a wire that we need to tap into?

·
Registered
857 Posts
honestly i would have just got an old 7.3 cab an chassis truck with an auto and the pto option on the trans. thats kinda what it was there for, to run a hydraulic pump.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that would have solved this issue. But We need to have newer fleet vehicles on some of the jobs we do.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha, ha he's not on site yet, but on most sites
They fill out paperwork for the first half day and work other half most of the time these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts