Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find out if they changed 26 gallon tank to a bigger tank from the 11 to 12 model .crewcab short will base 250 or 350 . thanks

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
i heard it's smaller due to the def tank 26 gallons now ?

what are you comparing to ?

I just looked at the article I read where they were swapping out tanks and they state it's 26 for the 2011's
my07 ccsb is 30.3 IIRC not sure about the other years but they are plain to small anyhow I put a 50 gal in mine and it's perfect

·
Registered
374 Posts
He's not referring to the pre-def trucks. He asked if the 2012 model year is going to get a bigger tank than the 2011 model year(which was a puny 26 gallon).

Obviously there's room for one, because people are adding them.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
My 2011 f250 has a 36 gallon tank from factory i believe

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
It is, just filled up took 34 gallon and was almost empty

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Xtreme,, is yours a short bed? I bet not! It's still the same, Long beds get the big tanks,, short beds get the small one,, sorry guys, it pays to go big! LOL

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The after market tanks can be larger, because they hang lower than the stock ones.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
I got a 8ft bed that never has to be made lol

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yea,, same here, I've only owned, 7 trucks,, 4 were long beds. The very first one was a 1940 Ford Flat head V8,, (WISH I still had that one!) Then a 73 Ford F250 Long bed regular cab, then a 76 Short bed 4x4 lifted with 33's. 81 short bed GMC regular Cab Step Side, a 90 K1500 Ext cab long bed, my Early 99 SRW F350 7.3L CC LB, an 03 F350 7.3L CC LB Dually, and finally my 11 6.7L CC SRW LB Lariat.

I'll NEVER have another short bed,,,, ever! LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes they are the the same it gets old going to get fuel at 250 miles per tank. short bed towing. If there was no HPFP warranty problems I would have a titan tank in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I can't see where it would cause warranty problems,, how so?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dealer states any mods to fuel system including fuel tank ford will void warranty. He says he will turn a blind eye to the tank. You know how that goes. If there was a 12000 repair bill I dont think the eye will remain blind. I ask if they would install and warranty the tank and he said no.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hmm,, interesting, I'd follow up more. I mean, how could it void any warranty if it's just larger? This is where the Magnason Moss act could come in handy,, however if you did install one, and had problems later, it would be a pain in the ass,, Your other option would be a transfer flow tank, which feeds the main from the bed. Being a short bed it would suck to use up bed space, but it's an option.
I don't see how that could void it, your using the stock pickup and such still.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The crew cab short bed 2011 and 2012 trucks are the same with that small 26 gal tank. Our shop 2011 and 2012 are crew shorts and both got Titan 52 gal tanks. The fix of these tanks was great, guages work great, and they only hang slightly lower than the stock tank. Most of the increase volume comes in the fact that the tanks go forward to the back of the transfer case and around the fuel filter assemble. These tanks have been very popular and we do stock them. Let me know if we can help.

Sean

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yea, if I was stuck with a short bed truck, I'd have a large aftermarket tank for sure.... it should NOT void any warranty,,, I would hope.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts