Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the bright idea to build a bumper the other day. That was around 60 man hours ago and that includes the sittin and pondering along with cutting and recutting of cardboard and maybe even a beer run or two and still no where near close to be what im going to consider done, still have some air cut outs to make along with spots for leds. Planning on a 30" light bar right at the top of the bumper in front of the grill, a simple bull bar between the headlights for saftey of the pricey ass light bars, D ring mounts, and thinking I'll use the same mesh to cover my breather holes as whatever I decide to put on my grill(which will probably also have a light bar) currently debating 6" light bars or some square leds below the headlights in the bumper just can't decide. Of course all to be topped off eventually with a curved 50" bar on top of the cab. Have been using 1/4" as well as 1/8" in places, so far the bumper is surprisingly light compared to what I expected. My brain turned it into a bigger project than I had originally anticipated, but hey it'll probably only happen once. Having done everything in house so to speak just takes time and dedication.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd appreciate any and all opinions or ideas; pretty sure a few brain cells drowned in the process of this bumper and now I can't decide what to think

·
Registered
130 Posts
Very clean, nice build!! Ideas: You said it felt light, that gives you room to add a bunch of support to the back side.Tow hooks that bolt to the frame, so they are replaceable. Also a 2" receiver mount in the center, it would allow you to have a winch mounted in a cradle that you could also mount in the rear, or on your trailer, jeep, etc. On that note if you've got a tricky spot to get your trailer into, you can mount the ball on the front and get that bad boy anywhere. Some light mounts. Other than that it looks great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts