Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Developed a fuel leak on a 90 degree fitting that connects to the fuel cooler, from the primary fuel filter.
Ford mechanic says there is an internal leak in the fitting after trying to repair the o ring. If you could get the fitting, about $15-25, but no you have to replace the complete assembly. The assembly is all fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine, cost just under $400.00! Does any one know where to get that 90 degree fitting and the dimensions necessary to fit the fuel line and the quick connect on the fuel cooler? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a leak at the same fitting, did you or anyone else ever find the correct sized fuel connector? If not I'm going to buy a few different sizes and see any of them work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok so i had this happen and was so close to buying the fuel line assembly, luckily i didnt. i live in canada so we use salt on our roads and caused some corrosion i couldent see on the fuel cooler where the fitting slides on. cost me 120 bucks for a new cooler from the dealership and that fixed the leak for me. not saying thats your case but thats what happened to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately I bought fuel lines before I saw your post. Put the new lines on and it was still leaking. Changed the cooler and all is good. I didn't see much corrosion on fittings but I guess it dosent take much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just here to confirm my leak was the corroded fuel cooler as well. Thought the fuel quick connect was bad at the cooler because that's where it was leaking from. So bought some flexible 3/8" fuel hose and slid it on at the fuel cooler and at the primary filter, clamped it on and it still leaked at the cooler. Ended up buying a new fuel cooler and it stopped leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts