Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like title says it won't start when I turn the key to start I hear sounds like a clicking noise twice then my dash goes black and it loads the built ford tough screen and come back on.... all the lights and everything come on but it won't even roll over !! And it says trailer brake module fault, service advance trac, if I leave key in run postion for 2 min or so it starts saying low oil pressure and says a few other things I checked had 1 fuse blown but didn't see any other I did not check all the fuses tho I tried to find owners Manuel but couldn't find it... Could it be other blown fuses causing this? Truck only has 18k miles so will be going to dealer was just gonna try to get some info of anyone could help thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you haven't you might try unhooking both batteries and let it sit for a few minutes. I know on some vehicles it will reset the system. It might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
does it turn over at all? or does the starter not even engage

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have the truck back from the dealer? If so what did they say?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sounds like one of the computers may not be communicating with each other. Check all the quick connects as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious....my 2012 Super Duty had a cracked battery a few months ago that was replaced under warranty while the truck was being serviced. They tried to get me to replace both batteries at once saying that's what diesel truck owners usually do, replace both if one is bad. I only replaced the one cracked battery because only one was fully covered under the warranty. Tonight my truck wouldn't start and is getting towed to the dealership in the morning. Do these trucks need the power of both batteries to start?

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
Just curious....my 2012 Super Duty had a cracked battery a few months ago that was replaced under warranty while the truck was being serviced. They tried to get me to replace both batteries at once saying that's what diesel truck owners usually do, replace both if one is bad. I only replaced the one cracked battery because only one was fully covered under the warranty. Tonight my truck wouldn't start and is getting towed to the dealership in the morning. Do these trucks need the power of both batteries to start?
absolutely yes. Thats why there are 2 :poke: Definitely good practice to replace both as a set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like title says it won't start when I turn the key to start I hear sounds like a clicking noise twice then my dash goes black and it loads the built ford tough screen and come back on.... all the lights and everything come on but it won't even roll over !! And it says trailer brake module fault, service advance trac, if I leave key in run postion for 2 min or so it starts saying low oil pressure and says a few other things I checked had 1 fuse blown but didn't see any other I did not check all the fuses tho I tried to find owners Manuel but couldn't find it... Could it be other blown fuses causing this? Truck only has 18k miles so will be going to dealer was just gonna try to get some info of anyone could help thanks!
did you ever find out what was wrong with your truck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
what was the outcome of your truck. Mine is doing exactly he same. Need some vice.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
The connections behind the glove box, 1 of them has to do with ignition to communication of ICM, it is where the clicking comes from when the truck will not start. I've been dealing with this for a month now on my own truck, and finally found what to shake to make it start every time. If it happens again I will dig further into it and see if I can find the actual connection and see if there's an obvious pin connection not making good power. I hope this helps, as y'alls posts have helped me while dealing with this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi did you solve the problem my 2012 F250 is doing the same, trailer brake module fault, service advance trac, wont turn over at all, it firts started doing that ones any other day, them every day them many times a day today i left it in the office did not start at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi did you solve the problem my 2012 F250 is doing the same, trailer brake module fault, service advance trac, wont turn over at all, it firts started doing that ones any other day, them every day them many times a day today i left it in the office did not start at all
Did you ever get this resolved? My 2015 F-550 is doing the same thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts