Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2012 6.7 Stock. Atlanta General Help

957 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jfollis1 
#1 ·
I am buying a '12 250 that is completely stock other than lift.
I know the trouble had with the 6.0 and after 325k trouble free miles from my Dmax I have an opportunity to buy this newer truck. 110k miles on this completely stock truck.
I am a fan of what Mobile Diesel Solutions in Atlanta (my area) has done on a friend's 6.0 but costly.
With my Dmax it was simple, delete egr, delete dpf, get a tune on the EFI Live and away I go.
I see needing multiple tuners, Stacking (whatever that is), twin turbo issues, and many many many tuners and whatnot. Very hard to follow what to do with a 6.7 powerstroke.

Some advice on how to get this done:
1.Delete EGR cooler completely, not block it, delete it.
2.Delete all parts associated with the DPF and need for a fluid tank.If there is a PCV routed to turbo, how to re-route?
3.Any other items needed on these 6.7's?
4.A good tuner, prefer a custom tune, with selectable settings?
5.Is the turbo a variable degree or fixed? Can a tune be set up to use the turbo as a brake? like I have in the DMAX.

I am looking for some added power, and gain a lot of MPG, really looking for 40-50% gain in MPG, pulling a little trailer at 75 averaging 11-12mpg sucks. should be at 14-16 IMO

Any advice on these trucks would be great. I am nervous about the switch but excited to see what it can do!

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.