Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just wanted to start a thread for the newest member of the family. Bought a 2011 F-250 King Ranch from Prestige Ford out of Austin back in January. They took care of all of the registration and everything. All I had to do was get a weight Cert. and smog check and send the proof to them and they took care of the DMV mess. Saved about $15K by buying it there over here in Cali. Saved enough money for about half the conversion. Many consider it a waste of money but the way I look at it is, a loaded Cadi is over $80K here in Cali and the Range Rover, Cayenne, and others cost over $100K and none are offered in a diesel. Heck my parents paid $74K plus tax and license for their POS Denali Duramax that is falling apart. So Autos by Tim in Oklahoma did the conversion. I had someone drive it out for me, but flew out myself and spent an hour or so there going over everything when I picked her up. I was beyond impressed. They do extraordinary quality. The wiring, reprogramming, and the body work. My favorite part of the conversion is having the Ex 42 gallon tank back. These new 23 Gal. tanks suck butt. Best I've gotten it to say so far is 688 miles until empty. On the way home I filled up in Las Cruses New Mexico, and didn't fill up until Indio, CA and still had an 1/8th of a tank. Anyways here's some before and after pics. So again special thanks to Tim, Martin, Darryl, and the guys. Awesome job.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
Thats badass! Ford should still be making the EX and making them just like yours. i dont think its a waste of money at all cheaper than an escalade for sure and twice as cool haha

·
Registered
461 Posts
As I posted on FTE, gorgeous bro. Job well done.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Thats awesome! And idk on the production excursion. Look at how much they want for a new truck, they would want even more for a ex. By that point other people would just probably buy a cadi or something else ya know?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome! And idk on the production excursion. Look at how much they want for a new truck, they would want even more for a ex. By that point other people would just probably buy a cadi or something else ya know?
For that size or the smaller full size Armada, Infinity, Land Cruiser, Lexus, and the Cad, they are all in the ball park or more loaded. Not sure what their last year sales numbers were for '05 but it was a partial production year, and every rancher and large family in America owned one. A lot of people have went to large vans. Not a decision made by choice, but rather lack there of.

Besides I can see it costing Ford nearly as much a conversion, which means Ford should be able to build it for the same price as the lesser from that list above.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You saved 15k? I'm curious to know how as I'm looking for a new truck...
I picked mine up from Covert Ford of Austin for $53K in January. Ford was killing Chevy in sales November thru mid year and wasn't offering any incentives. Priced here in Cali the truck was $71K equally optioned. It was a little cheaper than Texas sticker due to having 600 miles. It was actually another dealer inventory that they needed to get rid of. I looked yesterday and they were $57K or so. Still $10K cheaper than here in Cali. Last month I saw a lightly optioned KR at the Creston Rodeo outside of Paso Robles, Ca with a sticker of $62K. It only had 18"s too. Covert advertises on Ebay Motors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$38K, the '11 panels are an extra $5K and the KR is an extra $3K. The 2011 are a lot more work between the body, electrical, and mechanical.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just can't believe how awesome that thing is and how truly factory it looks. They did a GREAT job!

·
Registered
487 Posts
so 53k+38k=91k i think it is bada$$ but not sure about that much coin. how does a warranty work on a truck you had cut in half??

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
that is awesome....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so 53k+38k=91k i think it is bada$$ but not sure about that much coin. how does a warranty work on a truck you had cut in half??
Cadillac Platinum All Wheel Drive $86K
Porche Cayenne S Lightly Optioned $93K
Range Rover SC Start $95K
Lexus LX Lightly Optioned $91K
Audi Q7 TDI Loaded $80K
Land Rover Defender 110 TDI $100+ Freshly restored

It's all still original equipment. I'm sure if I have an electrical issue due to the rear wiring I might have to twist some arms, but I only shop at dealers that take care of their customers. I've been buying my Fords at the same small dealer in Watsonville since I was 18 years old. They take care of me. Heck I blew the motor in my V10 Dodge once after Supercharging it and they replaced it under warranty. It amazes me how many people buy at the large city dealers here in Cali to save a couple bucks and then bend over for them at the service department. I'm even considering moving to Texas, and the dealer I bought it from said they would cover it too. I'm sure if I have a rear hatch leak they wouldn't cover it, but I'm sure Tim would.

And none of the vehicles above exempt the Defender can go where the Ex will, tow what it can, come close in cargo room, makes 800 LBTQ, or go over 650 miles on a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Brother, you do not need to explain why you did what to a truck. Everyone has their own needs/wants and you wanted an Excursion and made one! Love it! We all put some sort of money into our rigs to make them unique and you killed that! :bowfast:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brother, you do not need to explain why you did what to a truck. Everyone has their own needs/wants and you wanted an Excursion and made one! Love it! We all put some sort of money into our rigs to make them unique and you killed that! :bowfast:
lol. I actually enjoy doing it. I love stats and pricing. The accounting side of me mixed with the R&D side. To turn it off would be boring.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I Agree with Sgt93!

I'm Not a Excursion type guy ,I'm a Pick Man :D But i really like what you have Done with it!

Only Thing i would Try to change is the Hose on those front shocks :( That durn Things so short it's about kinked,and in time it may cut off some of the Fluid Flow....I find it hard to believe King would let that Go like that! They even have the top Hose fitting at a angle to get all the Hose they can if you follow.... I see it's also to clear the Coil....

If that was mine i would try to Get a elbow to go on the Bottom of that reservor so the Hose didn't have to make a bend....
But thats a Sweet ride Fo Sho :bowfast::ford:i

I Bet it smells Awesome with all That Leather :D

Great job on That Ride Bro!

They should have used an Elbow like on these shocks IMHO !
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mzkhmiccQKh4Oj6nfpDTQvw/140.jpg

That Piss's me off :mad: They know better than That! You call them and Tell them Lead Foot Said He better Not see that No more!LOL:whs::D

·
Big Pimpin'
49 Posts
cool.. I bet most don't realize its a Superduty.

I ordered my Kings a month ago, still haven't seen em yet. I'm hoping I still have the truck when they get here, lol.

looks great!

·
Registered
233 Posts
nice truck, just curious as to what they did to achieve this? Was a ex-body used and mated to a 11 frame or what?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Have you ever seen how they Make Cheez-It Crackers :hehe:

It's pretty close to what they did to make this Excursion LOL:ford:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I Agree with Sgt93!

I'm Not a Excursion type guy ,I'm a Pick Man :D But i really like what you have Done with it!

Only Thing i would Try to change is the Hose on those front shocks :( That durn Things so short it's about kinked,and in time it may cut off some of the Fluid Flow....I find it hard to believe King would let that Go like that! They even have the top Hose fitting at a angle to get all the Hose they can if you follow.... I see it's also to clear the Coil....

If that was mine i would try to Get a elbow to go on the Bottom of that reservor so the Hose didn't have to make a bend....
But thats a Sweet ride Fo Sho :bowfast::ford:i

I Bet it smells Awesome with all That Leather :D

Great job on That Ride Bro!

They should have used an Elbow like on these shocks IMHO !

That Piss's me off :mad: They know better than That! You call them and Tell them Lead Foot Said He better Not see that No more!LOL:whs::D
Ya there were no directions with the kit, and I didn't think about that when I drill ed the keeper holes in the tops of the buckets. Now that all the rivets are drilled out and that was the hard part anyways, I'm going to get two new buckets and drill the holes so the line comes out rearward. If I do want decide that it should be a 90 I'll send them to King to do it. I hear all kinds of nightmare stories about getting the exact amount of oil back into the shocks when opening them up. I don't have that kind of time for fooling around with all that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts