Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck to the ford dealership about 6 months ago and they said I had a pinched vacum line and they did the repair and said it was fixed.
I went to use the 4wd drive high for the first time since the repair this weekend and it did not work. I normally run my humbs on auto. The 4wd high light did come on the dash. Then I locked the hubs in manually and everything worked fine. 4wd low works with the hubs on auto or manually locked in. When i tried putting it in 4wd high i also shut the traction control off. Off or on it didnt seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I took my truck to the ford dealership about 6 months ago and they said I had a pinched vacum line and they did the repair and said it was fixed.
I went to use the 4wd drive high for the first time since the repair this weekend and it did not work. I normally run my humbs on auto. The 4wd high light did come on the dash. Then I locked the hubs in manually and everything worked fine. 4wd low works with the hubs on auto or manually locked in. When i tried putting it in 4wd high i also shut the traction control off. Off or on it didnt seem to make a difference. Any ideas?
Sounds like a vacuum line. If they just fixed it and didn't change anything then whatever pinched it the first time probably did it again. They usually don't go out on their own. Haha I had a dog chew through mine awhile back. It's easy to see the lines to see if they're cut.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would think that it may be more than a vacuum line if the auto hubs are working in low range. If it works in auto low then then I wouldn't think that it would be a line down to the hubs but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would think that it may be more than a vacuum line if the auto hubs are working in low range. If it works in auto low then then I wouldn't think that it would be a line down to the hubs but I could be wrong.
I didn't see that part. Yeah that eliminates the vacuum lines.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a complete and absolute NOOB here, lol...

If I am understanding the above thread correctly, our hubs are "Auto" or "Manual". First question, if this is correct, why both? What are the reasons you would actually shift into manual mode? I just assumed that they were manual hubs, however I have only had my truck for two days now.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If I am understanding the above thread correctly, our hubs are "Auto" or "Manual". First question, if this is correct, why both? What are the reasons you would actually shift into manual mode? I just assumed that they were manual hubs, however I have only had my truck for two days now.
Because the auto mode is for convenience. But since it is a heavy duty truck....the manual mode is offered in case of situations where the auto mode fails. It really doesnt make sense but it is nice if there is a problem it doesnt leave you stuck because of a broken vacuum line or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome...Thanks for the reply...I actually do not need to use the 4wd often, mostly during hunting season

However here in Louisiana we just had a pretty bad ice storm and everything has been frozen...I locked her in this morning and had no trouble running all over town this morning

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes 4WD is a life saver in the colder climates. The salt doesn't work to well to melt ice & snow when its 20 below and we all know that a truck is like a slip n slide on wet or icy pavements haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts