Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone seeing as far a fuel economy goes with the new 6.7's? I've had mine about 3 months and took my first road trip this past week. I typically average about 16.5mpg. Recently it had dropped to around 15.5mpg. Not sure if it was weather related with cooler temps or what. On the road trip, the cruise was set most of the time and I seen around 16mpg at 73-75mph. I tried lowering the speed to 68 and was surprised to see it raise to the mid 17's. How about anyone else?

·
brandon
778 Posts
stated out geting 19.7 hand calculated and mine has droped after 5k to around 16 on average. Last trip I got 16.4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stated out geting 19.7 hand calculated and mine has droped after 5k to around 16 on average. Last trip I got 16.4
It seems that mine has dropped as well. It seems to be sensitive to ambient temps. Had an '02 7.3L that liked the cooler weather, but it seems this engine behaves in an opposite manner.

·
brandon
778 Posts
:whs:
My 7.3's mpg did not change in the winter, it always was 19-21 on the hiway all year round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It appears that we aren't going to enjoy as good of mileage with the 6.7's as we did the 7.3's. I think i could do much better, but it would take a very conservative driving style.

·
brandon
778 Posts
Mine seems to make a drastic mpg improvement after a regen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts