Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
The man died doing what he loved, hopefully quike and painless. RIP, go with God

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
RIP, hope his family is doing okay.. So young..

Has this every happened in the Olympics before? I mean all that work and 1000's of runs and it just so happens this is the one that gets him. I guess it is like anyone else doing their daily job, never know what is going to hit you until its too late.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Chit happens when you're travelling at 90mph wearing a helmet and not much more. It was tragic when I first heard of the incident and the footage showed really made me cringe. The Georgian athletes put on a brave face as they paraded into the stadium last night during the opening ceremonies. My condolences to everyone in his family.

I can't recall the injury/death statistics from past games, but there have been some. The sledding track built in Whistler is the fastest ever. 1000s of runs have been done without much more than a few scrapes and bruises from the crashes (which are inevitable in these sports). The nature of this specific incident was freak and shows that even though most safety precautions were addressed, a minor ommission resulted in a tragedy. The organisers have addressed the concerns of athletes and officials and the qualifiying runs went ahead this evening.

I have had my share of accidents competing in and playing the sport I love, but have been lucky that all injuries have healed well.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
My prayers go out to his friends and family, but I can assure you that he was loving what he was doing and felt no pain. Probably still safer than alot of things everyone does every day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts