Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the Auto Show yesterday with my buddy. He wanted to go so I tagged along. I'm not a fan of new car auto shows, they bore me.

So they had the trucks in a different area. They had a white 2011 6.7 SD CC SB KR on the turn table and gasser with a prototype sticker on the window. They was a guy (no name tag) hanging around on the turn table and started to BS with him and asked him why the 6.7 was on the turntable and not of floor. He said the same thing and he wanted a truck to put on display but Ford wouldn't give him one. He was knowledgable about the 6.7, didn't get his name. He further stated that there might a Platinum Edition coming out.

This is where the good part comes in....I walked over to the Ford table where all the "Product Specialties" :rolleyes: were hanging out. I asked if they had any info on the 2011 SD and they no, it's not out. I tell them "Yes, it is". The no/yes thing went on for a few minutes. Then a lady walks over with her Palm Pilot and says to me that Ford will give me a $50 gift card for testing driving the truck. I say fine and she took down my info. When the part came for when I'm buying the truck, I told them when Job 2 comes out ;) . She goes "what" and she asks he co-worker what Job 2 is and he was clueless. LOL

How can someone sell a Ford product who works for them and not know anything about it? I hope Ford reads this and could include some product training in their hiring process.

I walk over to the Chevy truck section. They were comparing the 2011 Dmax to the 2010 Ford and 2010 Dodge. I tell the guy why are you comparing a newer model truck to an older model truck? I go on and tell him that is not a correct why to compare trucks...He was speechless. LOL

Phucking idiots

That's why I stick to my PRI show. ;)

Oh BTW, the 2011KR they had on display was sweat ;)

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
omg...
that chevy part blows my mind...but the truck looks great!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I went to the show yesterday also. I learned a while back not to ask too many questions there, they simply do not know. The only place I ever went where they had excellent answers was at a Northeast Powerstroke rally. They had an international engineer, Ford reps, and brand spanking new 6.0 trucks. We were able to even test drive them. They were not even at the dealers yet. It was quite informative.
But the guy at the NY auto show was pumping the fuel economy. That was the main thing he was pushing, not the power. I applauded that and told him I hope they continue the push for the economy. These things have plenty of power and you could always mod to get more. He stated that the 6.4 is thirsty and blamed a lot of it on the regenerations which I guess are no longer needed with the urea.
On another note, I think one of the best displays was the purple ish colored charger or challenger in the Dodge area. I must say, that is a cool retro design. I still love the Shelby, but the Dodge looked sweet. The camaro is terrible looking.

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
This was the NY Auto Show right?

I think that is your answer why.....:poke:

Alot of times these people were giving very LITTLE training for shows...most only know what is TOLD to them...and if they aren't TOLD about it...then they haven't a clue about it....

Hell....I would imagine most salesman don't even know what JOB 2 is.....;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
The 2011s will still have regens, just not nearly as often as a 6.4. Most salesman & reps dont have much knowledge about their products... Sad really!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts