Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am addicted to hunting mushrooms, anyone else?

Please share you findings, (you dont have to give the location) but it does help some of us make the time to get out and look.

In southern OH we have had warm temps with dry conditions, then wet and cold until it dries out. :doh: I have only found about 20 so far, and they were small.....this tells me the bigs ones have yet to sprout.

I will be in GA (Rome area) for most of the peak season, and I honestly dont even know if they grow that far south or not?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Andy You come up to the mountains and help me get this turbo and other stuff put on my truck and Ill make sure you get more mushrooms then you can eat.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy You come up to the mountains and help me get this turbo and other stuff put on my truck and Ill make sure you get more mushrooms then you can eat.
That sounds fair. Do you have a bunch down there??? SWEET!

I will even build the setup.....wait a minute. lol.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
haha.......that might work. yea theres alot up here but its still a little early for them but should be up real soon. I still havent gotten a stainless piece of line for that gauge. Fastenal that day I called you would only sell it in like 100ft rolls and then I was out of options LOL

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
i only know one spot where to find them and it gets alot of foot traffic.wat would be some good spots to look at.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends....in KS where I grew up we looked near dead elm trees, and in fence rows. Seemed like low lying areas that were wet.

In Applachia (souther OH) we look near poplar trees, usually at the top of ridges on the side that gets morning sun. So it is opposite here for me, they grow on top of the hills instead of near the creeks.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Found about 20 yesterday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In Montana where i am there all over by Missoula. most certin to find at burnt spots on the ground

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
We used to go out into dairy pastures, before the dew dried out and pick shrooms. Wait, wrong kind of shrooms, nevermind.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It depends....in KS where I grew up we looked near dead elm trees, and in fence rows. Seemed like low lying areas that were wet.

In Applachia (souther OH) we look near poplar trees, usually at the top of ridges on the side that gets morning sun. So it is opposite here for me, they grow on top of the hills instead of near the creeks.
Thats excatly how i look for them. going out in an hour for my first pick. theres a local who says he sells his for 30$ a pound!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Best mushroom hunting in AZ is in our back yard northwest of Flagstaff.
Best time is post-monsoon, so mid to late August.

PM if you are in the area!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats excatly how i look for them. going out in an hour for my first pick. theres a local who says he sells his for 30$ a pound!!!!
I would not sell mine for $100 an ounce lol. I will eat all 100 when I find that many...hell I dont even share with family.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Whats so cool bout hunting mushrooms?

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
dude those aint morrel mushrooms

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
So your saying that you dont like nchappy LOL