Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one busted mirror and figured i weight my options before goin back to same ole same ole so i was thinkin the mounting pads look the same on the 2010 mirrors and the 02 mirrors does the holes line up for mounting i can deal with wiring just need to know if its going to be a clean change over? has anyone done this?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
they will bolt right on no problem.... you can get an adapter harness as well but i don't remember who makes the harness... pretty easy conversion since its direct bolt on

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is excellent i like to hear good news ! thanks alot guys!

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
though if you remember who has a wiring harness adapter point me in the the right direction!

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i am looking no luck yet

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm looking for the same. But I am ready to make my own. I have all the pin outs for the 99-07 and 08-11 connectors and the wiring diagrams. Ford has the connectors, all I have to do is order the connectors and build the harness.

But I'd rather plug -n - play due to time constraints

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just splice'em, it's easy and free. You will need to grind off the little plastic tab on the new mirrors to let them set flush.

·
On the gas Kickin Ass!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on just got them today its gonna look great! just poking around for a wiring diagram before i attempt to install want to get it done one shot deal

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
right on just got them today its gonna look great! just poking around for a wiring diagram before i attempt to install want to get it done one shot deal
For the power mirror part the wire colors match up one to one. The inward and outward mirror movement will be reversed, in goes out and out goes in. Its not as simple as swapping the wires to get them to move correctly, but it's livable and Im sure someone has a fix I don't know about. I have an '02 Ex w/tow package but my mirrors did not have turn signals on them, but the wiring harness did and they worked so that was solved. I got the running lights off the brown wire on the headlamp switch.

Have a look in the attached xls file, this is what I ended up with document wise. Its a combination of stuff from members and me. I did notice the 08-10 connector diagram was confusing and not correct to my 08 mirror plug

Attachments

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
I would love to get a set of 08 mirrors with just the lights and no power B.S.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I would love to get a set of 08 mirrors with just the lights and no power B.S.
I'm waiting for Ford to make the lower blind side mirrors electric. The one down side I have noticed is the rain pattern that drafts between the two mirror arms blasts the side window glass with water / road grime.. I did not have that feature with the older tow mirrors, the glass stayed pretty clean.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
I'm waiting for Ford to make the lower blind side mirrors electric. The one down side I have noticed is the rain pattern that drafts between the two mirror arms blasts the side window glass with water / road grime.. I did not have that feature with the older tow mirrors, the glass stayed pretty clean.
That is something to consider

1 - 15 of 15 Posts