Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im helping to get this truck running good again, buddy had a hpfp p0088 code that didnt recover from reflash for that code, intermittantly going into limp mode, after pump replacement, its trying to regen every startup, he did replace dpf less than a year ago, and since we pulled and cleaned it, besides dpf pressure sensor, are there any other sensor values suspect for causing regen cycling? im sure we have to remove and re-clean dpf again, im hoping someone has seen a similar situation that might lead to a conclusion to this problem.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I don't believe there are any other relevant sensors, but I'm not positive on that.

In any event, I think you're on the right track. Check the sensor values closely. The rear one in particular.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
In thinking about this a bit more, if the filter were clogged, I suppose there would be a temperature difference too. I still think the pressure sensors would have the final say, but check the temp sensor values too. Just for the hell of it.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
They just monitor the exhaust gas, at all times. It is primarily for Regen purposes, but yeah, they're always running.

Pretty sure it's gonna be either a sensor issue or the dpf really is clogged. You gotta figure out which it is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would love to delete it, california dosent require emmissions test on rural high gvw vehicles, only way i might get away with it, is gut it and run tuner deleting dpf monitors. at least it would pass visual inspections, roadside inspectors are now going after loud or modified exhaust cars and trucks, they make you pull up on a ramp trailer, for underside visual inspection, ive seen 5-6 cars in line they have pulled over waiting their fate, anything beyond oem is illegal, their really going after the modded compact cars, myself, i dont own anything legal, but trucks are not the focus, mine are all exempt.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
If they ever bring emissions laws to Pennsy I'm definitely fukced. None of my pickups have anything more than straight pipes and the EGR garbage is rusting in the woods with bullet holes in them.

I really want to take the Sawzall (DeWalt, of course) to my tri-axle and let it breathe properly but DOT occasionally hits me in it so I can't.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Better question, why's a 5th called a 5th wheel? How does that make any sense at all?

·
9,453 Posts
What's a triaxle?
Tandem dump with an air operated single wheel drop axle in front of the tandems. Takes my GVW from the 65,000 of a tandem to 73,280 and costs about another $300 in registration. It's also got brakes, which help.

·
9,453 Posts
Better question, why's a 5th called a 5th wheel? How does that make any sense at all?
Lol I've wondered this as well. So is an 18 wheel tractor trailer really a 19 wheeler? But the same concept in the bed of a dually Super Duty is called the same thing, hmmm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts