·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
We a sooo fuked

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know a lady who had her first child while she lived in the city and then her second in a more rural agriculture based city and she blamed her seconds kids asthma on the diesel fumes from the tractors and big rigs black smoke when she was pregnant. These people are all the same. They don't know that diesel particles are heavier and fall to the ground. They see black smoke and freak out.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
people are gay. i hate them. they are screwing thereselves in the long run. all the trucks that carry there packages, buses, ect it will take a toll on everything. if it causes health problems i should be dead by now. i love the smell and sometimes i purposly spill diesel on my hand just cause i like it that much. now im watching the news and they are legalizing marijuana. im done with this im moving to az so i can buy my barrett 50 cal lol. and drive my truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If I live outside the air quality control district will I still have to get smogged? Or is this statewide?
I know that I don't have to smog any other vehicles where I live.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If I live outside the air quality control district will I still have to get smogged? Or is this statewide?
I know that I don't have to smog any other vehicles where I live.
Great question.

I've been wondering if there would be a way for guys living near CA's cities and air quality control districts to somehow get their residents changed over to a lower populated area on their registration. For instance, in Imperial Valley (down by the Mexican border) they'll only have to smog their trucks once, then not again until they want to sell the vehicle.

I would try that if I were registered in CA. The concern down there is micro-dust, not smog.

If you could do this you could smog the truck stock or near stock and then mod away.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I've seen this day coming.... That's why I try and push little to no smoke in my performance tuning. I guess it's too little too late.....

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Thank god I live in the good ole commonwealth of KY, I can carry my gun and drive my truck without worrying about hippies bitching! God how I hate liberals!

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
I've seen this day coming.... That's why I try and push little to no smoke in my performance tuning. I guess it's too little too late.....
Well i will be needing some of your tuning soon enough. lol

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True true!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where does it say Jail for 30 day's?
what he said.

and i dunno what to say about the lady blaming her second childs asthma on diesel fumes. just boggles my mind to be so closed minded about things. and feed into the mainstream garbage that is fed to us.

·
Unregistered User
112 Posts
;784943 said:
what he said.

and i dunno what to say about the lady blaming her second childs asthma on diesel fumes. just boggles my mind to be so closed minded about things. and feed into the mainstream garbage that is fed to us.

Well, that said, we should do the same.

Instead of blatantly calling them retards, hippies, and liberals, we need to ask them what EXACTLY their concerns are. (And name calling only hurts our cause too...Think about it, don't we take offense when we're called "redneck, backwoods inbreds? I mean, I have a professional, white collar job!)

More often than not, they don't understand the health effects, and lack the direct correlation of how PM (Particulate Matter, or soot) causes health issues, ie what concentrations, exposure levels, pre-natal effects, etc.

I would say, use politics and education to our advantage...share with them that there is a PM/NOx and fuel economy tradeof.

Either take the high road, or ignore their rants. In either case, we need to educate ourselves and use the *intar-web* to work as a collective.

This coming from a former CA resident (of 25 years).

1 - 20 of 154 Posts