Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe its the same bed just with a different tail gate and tail lights. everything should work out i think. im sure someone else will chime in

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
yes. when i bought my 04 pickup i looked at a o6 that had a 08 bed on it. i only noticed it because the paint looked funny (it was black) the tail lights were wrong for a 2006. the dealer said the truck which was loaded with leather had a service box they figured it would sell faster with a bed and had one from basically the same senario when a person bout a truck and had a service body installed.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Same bed bolt in job. But you have to change a few pin connectors to get the taillights to work right. It plugs right in but the reverse lights come on when you hit the brakes and a few other odd things you just have to switch the pins around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think they are the same also, you could use your old wire harness and if you want to use the new tails just change out the pigtail on the back up lights if you didnt want to figure out where to move each pin this might be a lil bit easier but if you are using the old tails then just plag and play

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes they are the same i have done it with a few trucks like orngpel said jsut take the old harness out of your bed there is nothing different with the beds

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've never swapped between years, but my 08 has the bolts in the bed and my dads 01 doesn't seem to have any bolts on the inside of the bed, just from underneath?

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
The torx are a pita. I have 6 nuts welded. Only 2 came out when we pulled the bed on my 06

1 - 9 of 9 Posts